Achievement Fest 2016 Shenanigans.

General Chat

I am bringing:

The Co-Op's Japanese Console and games
An iPad Mini 3
A Lenovo Tab 2 - Android
3 Xbox Ones with multiple ID@Xbox quick games (I can provide a list if desired)
1 Xbox 360 with Destiny updated and ready to launch (I hope - working on that right now)MightyMango has confirmed he is bringing this with him, so, I am leaving it at home.

For iOS and Android, anyone that wants to do the Minecraft maps is free to try it out, but, other than having Minecraft installed on them, I probably will not have done anything to prep them. So, if there is something I "NEED" to do for it, let me know here.

We can uses this thread to prepare ourselves and coordinate what shenanigans we will attempt, if anyone is looking for a particular "boosting/achievement" session, let us know.

See y'all in a week...
Last edited 07-12-2016 at 04:58 AM by futiles.
Is there a list of what TT the store has? Maybe we can coordinate some of that as well, to cut down on extra stuff to haul or dupes if others want to bring.
Their tabletop library is very small. So, there is very little chance of duplication.

If there is anything anyone wants me to bring from my personal collection, let me know:
http://www.futiles.net/BGG/GameList....ername=futiles

Also, let me know what you plan to bring.
Also, let me know what you plan to bring.
Originally Posted by futiles
Knowing what they have would help to plan what I would bring. Already knowing what you have, I can bring a couple things to lessen your load.

Until I see what they have, I'll plan to bring:
Forbidden Island
Boss Monster
Puerto Rico
Gauntlet of Fools

I can bring my Small World and expansion if you want. Or just the expansion if it differs from yours. Also I think you have ALL of the CAH sets, so I'll leave mine at home.
You can download achievement worlds on the different Minecraft versions using dropbox or ifunbox. Can get most everything short of the 100 day (33 hours in real time) achievement in a few hours I believe. You can also apparently play the kindle fire version on an android device by purchasing it from the amazon app store although you can't have both the amazon and google play versions installed at the same time and some people have issues getting the amazon/kindle version to launch doing that method. I'm sure someone else who's done them could explain a little bit better. Now we just need someone to bring the Gear VR and we're set. Smile

Adam's Venture just arrived in the mail yesterday. Will bring it along if anyone wants to knock it out rather than go in on the $50 digital version. Unfortunately the disc version of Professional Farmer '17 got pushed back another month. Frown
You can download achievement worlds on the different Minecraft versions using dropbox or ifunbox. Can get most everything short of the 100 day (33 hours in real time) achievement in a few hours I believe. You can also apparently play the kindle fire version on an android device by purchasing it from the amazon app store although you can't have both the amazon and google play versions installed at the same time and some people have issues getting the amazon/kindle version to launch doing that method. I'm sure someone else who's done them could explain a little bit better. Now we just need someone to bring the Gear VR and we're set. Smile

Adam's Venture just arrived in the mail yesterday. Will bring it along if anyone wants to knock it out rather than go in on the $50 digital version. Unfortunately the disc version of Professional Farmer '17 got pushed back another month. Frown
Originally Posted by RedmptionDenied
SWEET! So, you are in again? That is awesome!
Still working out exact travel plans. Friend who went the last couple years recently had a kid and can't make it. Was gonna invite the gf but she just fractured her ankle and is most likely out. So will probably just roll solo and do the Fri-Sun turnaround again.

And yeah if anyone has any indie games they're looking to play feel free to list them. Might have one or two on my HD. Smile And will probably spend half my time on minecraft stacks. Probably best to re-install some of them before heading there and having to wait 5 hours for a 5 GB patch again, lol.
My vacation began today. When I got off work at 07:00 today, it began, and it does not end until 21:00 on Tuesday the 19th.

Got some Pokemon hunting done around Denton, and now the prep work begins.
Bringing my 360, which has some delisted XBLA games. Also, my X1.
Bringing my Japanese 360 as well, and several Japanese games.
Also, some PAL games.
I have Chaos;Child and the stackable PAL version of Tower of Guns for X1.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
LibrarianBeth is making some drawstring backpacks and such.
Bringing my X1 HD (4TB) which has a lot of the quicker indie games on it. If I've played it, it's still on the drive. Bringing my Surface tablet as well, probably not my laptop though. Will also have my 360 HD (2TB) with some stuff on it with me.
My vacation began today. When I got off work at 07:00 today, it began, and it does not end until 21:00 on Tuesday the 19th.

Got some Pokemon hunting done around Denton, and now the prep work begins.
You play Pokemon Go but not Ingress? I play both naturally, Kaens on both, Resistance (blue) for Ingress, Instinct (yellow) for PG.
You play Pokemon Go but not Ingress? I play both naturally, Kaens on both, Resistance (blue) for Ingress, Instinct (yellow) for PG.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I have a work iPhone, which I hate for many reasons, an iPad mini that is Wifi Only, and a Lenovo Tab 2 that is also Wifi only. It wasn't worth it to me to make it work with either tablet (creating a Wifi hotspot with my Windows Phone) or using the iPhone for a game I had no vested interest in. But, I do have a history and interest with Pokémon, so, it was worth it to try.

I still hate my iPhone, but, I like the two tablets when I am around the house. Unfortunately, I am fairly rural (I am in a 3000 person town outside of a 200,000 person city outside of Dallas), so, there is not much by me. I can catch a handful by the house, but only 4 stops within a mile, 1 gym. When I go to town, though, that is a different matter. There are hundreds around the square.
I have a work iPhone, which I hate for many reasons, an iPad mini that is Wifi Only, and a Lenovo Tab 2 that is also Wifi only. It wasn't worth it to me to make it work with either tablet (creating a Wifi hotspot with my Windows Phone) or using the iPhone for a game I had no vested interest in. But, I do have a history and interest with Pokémon, so, it was worth it to try.

I still hate my iPhone, but, I like the two tablets when I am around the house. Unfortunately, I am fairly rural (I am in a 3000 person town outside of a 200,000 person city outside of Dallas), so, there is not much by me. I can catch a handful by the house, but only 4 stops within a mile, 1 gym. When I go to town, though, that is a different matter. There are hundreds around the square.
That is one thing I like better about PG than Ingress, I can actually play at home, in bed or walking to the mailbox. If you use the incense, the random rate increase is dramatic.
That is one thing I like better about PG than Ingress, I can actually play at home, in bed or walking to the mailbox. If you use the incense, the random rate increase is dramatic.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I have done 2 or 3 incense, so far. And it was more, maybe even double, but, that was like 5-6 in 30 minutes than 2-3 in 30 minutes. At my house. Frown

But, I went to the park last night, where there are 3 PokéStops, and each had a lure module activated. I got almost 2 dozen Pokémon in 15 minutes or so. So, Lure Module is worth it...
I'm bringing at least

1 PAL 360
1 Japanese 360
1 US 360 (maybe two)
1 Xbox One
Around 100-150 games, Korean/Japan/PAL games for the most part. A HDD with a bunch of XBLA games including the ones that were requested for the Summer of Arcade badge that people wanted.
1 Extra TV.
I'm bringing at least

1 PAL 360
1 Japanese 360
1 US 360 (maybe two)
1 Xbox One
Around 100-150 games, Korean/Japan/PAL games for the most part. A HDD with a bunch of XBLA games including the ones that were requested for the Summer of Arcade badge that people wanted.
1 Extra TV.
Originally Posted by Mightymango
Depending on what you want to do, and what you feel comfortable with, we can move one foreign station to an open seat in the first room, to allow you to put some of you equipment in the room with us, and the Co-Op's Console. I am pretty ready for it, too. Looking forward to seeing all the regulars, and then meeting the newbies. 4 attendees to AFJr this year, too!
I'm comfortable with whatever. It's just a matter of me organizing it all before Thursday am.
I have done 2 or 3 incense, so far. And it was more, maybe even double, but, that was like 5-6 in 30 minutes than 2-3 in 30 minutes. At my house. Frown

But, I went to the park last night, where there are 3 PokéStops, and each had a lure module activated. I got almost 2 dozen Pokémon in 15 minutes or so. So, Lure Module is worth it...
That's because you are in the house and not moving around. When I'm in my car and using the incense, there are only maybe a few seconds between them appearing and often there are multiples on the screen. Pair this with a special eggs (doubles xp) and you are going to get lots of xp fast. The Lure Module is great if you are going to be squatted at a Pokestop, they come pretty much non stop that way too.
I'm bringing at least

1 PAL 360
1 Japanese 360
1 US 360 (maybe two)
1 Xbox One
1 Extra TV.
Originally Posted by Mightymango
Thank you! I am looking forward to pouring through your PAL collection!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account