Achievement Fest 2017

General Chat

Flight booked way earlier than usual for me. This year, I'm trying a flight that leaves Wednesday night at 11:59pm and puts me in Indy in the morning. I feel it will work better than waking up stupid early and spending the whole day flying in and keeping people waiting at the airport.

Also staying until Monday this time. I really didn't want to leave early last year, but the $400 savings was too much to pass on.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Where do you have to transfer?
Where do you have to transfer?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Chicago. 3 hours in O'hare should give me enough time for some breakfast and a nap.
Does that count the ones that serve Pepsi?
Dear lord, NO!!
Does that count the ones that serve Pepsi?
Amazingly, throughout the years, and all the shenanigans, Applebee's has endured.
Amazingly, throughout the years, and all the shenanigans, Applebee's has endured.
Originally Posted by futiles
Oh dear lord, NO...
Finally booked up at the Quality Inn. These hotel prices are getting out of hand...

I was tempted to go to the Super 8 for $55 a night, but from the reviews I wasn't sure I would have a car in the morning or room issues. Though the room issues could be rectified.

Candlewood is around $93 a night from priceline express deals. It's a good place to stay, just unsure if I could have had 2 queen beds at that price and parking is a bit tough if you are driving and getting there late at night (packed).

Pear tree Inn has rooms for $87 a night, but it is only 1 double bed. If I was traveling solo this year it would be where I would have picked instead of the quality inn.

Do let me know if anyone finds cheaper for Quality inn than the avg 97, if so I'll cancel and rebook.
Finally booked up at the Quality Inn. These hotel prices are getting out of hand...

I was tempted to go to the Super 8 for $55 a night, but from the reviews I wasn't sure I would have a car in the morning or room issues. Though the room issues could be rectified.

Candlewood is around $93 a night from priceline express deals. It's a good place to stay, just unsure if I could have had 2 queen beds at that price and parking is a bit tough if you are driving and getting there late at night (packed).

Pear tree Inn has rooms for $87 a night, but it is only 1 double bed. If I was traveling solo this year it would be where I would have picked instead of the quality inn.

Do let me know if anyone finds cheaper for Quality inn than the avg 97, if so I'll cancel and rebook.
Originally Posted by griffey95
Last year Streak Leader found some trailer park hotel that was $50-60/night. I think he said they had running water. Quality Inn's price may come down as we get closer, it did last year.
Stayed at the Days Inn last year for $60/night. Might have been the same place as SL. It's not great by any means but had the basic amenities I was looking for a short 2 night stay anyway. If I go again I'd probably pay the extra $30 to go elsewhere though.
Stayed at the Days Inn last year for $60/night. Might have been the same place as SL. It's not great by any means but had the basic amenities I was looking for a short 2 night stay anyway. If I go again I'd probably pay the extra $30 to go elsewhere though.
Originally Posted by RedmptionDenied
Don't say if. We need you there!
Last year Streak Leader found some trailer park hotel that was $50-60/night. I think he said they had running water. Quality Inn's price may come down as we get closer, it did last year.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Motel 6. The Applebees' of motel life in Terre Haute. Complete with sunning obese woman in a lounge chair. It was a horror show.

Might go back to the trusty Travelodge. At least I know what I'm getting into there...
Nice. Motel 6 it is. Big Grin
Does this mean you will be registered soon?
We are up to 22 "adults" registered, and 4 AF Jr attendees.

GTN Eric let me know he is officially out, so, everyone send him a BOOO.
I'll probably wait till a few weeks out to know for sure. Gotta see if I can drag my friend along again and have to be sure my co-worker can cover.
I'll probably wait till a few weeks out to know for sure. Gotta see if I can drag my friend along again and have to be sure my co-worker can cover.
I hope your buddy can make it, again. We missed him last year, but, having a baby is kind of important...
I'm in Madison, WI for a bachelor party this year. Otherwise, I would stop by!

Miss all you!
I'm waiting to book my hotel until next month. The prices dropped the closer we got to the event weekend.

Miss all you!
Originally Posted by Tandar1
The new chairs at eBash thank you.
Redmption and Streak Leader, Rodeway Inn is $38 a night if you really want to go budget Wink

Not sure if that includes waking up with both kidneys or not.

Miss all you!
Originally Posted by Tandar1
On Wisconsin!!!! Have fun in Madtown - it's actually impossible to not have fun. :-)

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account