Game Info Updates for Microsoft Solitaire Collection

Game Info Submissions

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed
VisibleRaptor5 has submitted 0 update(s) for Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Proposed Updates:

Sources/Context:
Not sure if it matters now, but there is a version of this for Windows 10 Mobile. That is Version 3.18 of the game which is a UWP game. That version itself was removed from the Store but if you have a digital copy of it, it can run on the PC and on the phone. The only difference is that this version lacks the DLC but it still works nevertheless. So you can add the Windows Phone platform to this version of the game.
Game Profile:
Microsoft Solitaire Collection

Game Manager Links:
Edit this Game

Submitted by:
VisibleRaptor5

Staff Tools:
Update approved submissions total (each approved change is counted cumulatively)
WIndows 10 Mobile counts as Windows 10, I believe. Certainly for the UWP games.
Same goes for Gimme Five, Cosmo Run, Animated Puzzles Star and T-Kara Puzzles. Just that those also have the term "Windows Phone" attached to them.
Status changed to 'Completed' - Fair enough; I've made the change.
It's fair. Even though achievements themselves cannot be unlocked from UWP apps on Windows phones, the stats needed to meet requirements are saved to the games' servers via XBOX Live which can be picked up by the PC which then pushes the necessary information to the XBOX servers themselves. For example, I do stuff for Gimme Five on my Windows phone and push the stat data to my PC when I open the game there. The PC then pushes the data to XBOX servers for achievement unlocking. There was one achievement (not sure if it works now since the official shutdown took place) that was tracked from the Windows phone and it was the Marathon achievement in Solitaire. I did log in and do daily challenge on different days in the month and the bar increased. This was because this achievement was tied to login activity (and the login server) rather than the XBOX Live stat servers. However, when the bar was full on my phone, I had to open the app on my Android phone to push the information through. The Windows phone could not connect to the server responsible for criteria verification. The Android phone was able to do so and unlock the achievement. The only other XBOX server that Windows phones can connect to pertaining to UWP apps is the one that tracks the amount of time played (time spent when the app is open). I just added this to let you know what I observed since the initial shutdown in late 2020 and early 2021.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account