How would you rank Starfield on a scale of 1 to 10?

Gaming Chat

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

How would you rank Starfield on a scale of 1 to 10?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 0 (0%) 1

× 1 (5.00%) 2

× 0 (0%) 3

× 1 (5.00%) 4

× 0 (0%) 5

× 2 (10.00%) 6

× 3 (15.00%) 7

× 3 (15.00%) 8

× 0 (0%) 9

× 0 (0%) 10

× 10 (50.00%) I haven’t played it so I can’t say

• Added 02-09-2024 03:30 PM
  • 20 votes
(With 1 being “really bad” and 10 being “a masterpiece”)

Lots of different opinions on this game and since I’ve yet to play it myself I want to see what everyone thinks.
I gave it a 7. I very much enjoyed it. There is some grindy stuff, especially late level scale. And I found the gimmick of replay between realities to not actually feel as fulfilling as it sounded. But, I did drop 200ish hours or more in it, non-stop, the moment it dropped. And got the full 1000, and am patiently awaiting the DLC.
Firm 8. It had it's problems, for sure, but it is a Bethesda game. Anyone who has spent any amount of time on a Bethesda game (especially at launch) and doesn't expect bugs is a far more optimistic person than I!! But, even with its faults, I had a spectacular time and managed 2 completions over about 180 hours of gameplay! I am partial to those types of games though. Fallout, Outer Worlds, Skyrim, etc. so my opinion is at least slightly biased.
Last edited 02-10-2024 at 02:53 PM by BigTymer2047.
Firm 8. It had its problems, for sure, but it is a Bethesda game. Anyone who has spent any amount of time on a Bethesda game (especially at launch) and doesn't expect bugs is a far more optimistic person than I!! But, even with its faults, I had a spectacular time and managed 2 completions over about 180 hours of gameplay! I am partial to those types of games by them though. Fallout, Outer Worlds, Skyrim, etc. so my opinion is at least slightly biased.
Originally Posted by BigTymer2047
The Outer Worlds was made by Obsidian Entertainment, but seeing as both companies are owned by Microsoft, it would be easy to confuse them.
The Outer Worlds was made by Obsidian Entertainment, but seeing as both companies are owned by Microsoft, it would be easy to confuse them.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
Oh, I am well aware. I have a tendency to, not confuse the two, but to lump Obsidian in with the group. Probably because they did such an amazing job with New Vegas, which was still published by Bethesda, and Outer Worlds which even with having no connection to Bethesda, held incredibly true to the Fallout formula. Either way, I definitely misspoke there. You are entirely correct and I have edited out the "by them" portion. Cheers for keeping me on my toes!
I'd say a 7 - it doesn't have the same kind of exploration magic as other Bethesda titles, and the settlement/base building isn't as good, but it has enjoyable shooting and looting like Fallout, some interesting quests, and fun additions like ship building. There is evidence that they stripped out some of the survival mechanics, so that probably contributes to the "off" feeling, but as the game gets some more work over the next couple of years, i'm sure it will improve.
My biggest issue with base building was the convoys/links. They just weren't great. Fallout 4 did a good job of just connecting via a resident, and all supplies connected. Connect all the stuff via a chain of residents, and all your gear/supplies were everywhere. It was just cumbersome in Starfield to really enjoy the base building.
Haven't played it and don't intend to but after seeing some reviews and knowing that there is some shady stuff about gender selection, no alien species in all the universe (only humans), planets kind of deserted, there's not much to grab my attention.
If it was smaller and planets more immersive it would have been a 9

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account