Flash Sob Sunday (25) / April 24th

General Chat

Found 34 posts - Go to Last Post

How badly do you want that Flash Mob Badge?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 12 (38.71%) I am all in, You can count on me!

× 17 (54.84%) I'll try and help out when I can

× 2 (6.45%) I'm not interested, I rather chase down the poll badges instead.

• Added 04-19-2016 06:35 PM
  • 31 votes
The last attempt was pretty bad in terms of participation even after the badges were reduced for the amount of people needed. The 1st badge now requires 25 members to be online. People have suggested doing this on the weekend, so lets give it a try this Sunday.

On April 24th we will make another attempt at the Flash Mob Badge. Most everyone has a smart phone or access to a computer during the day. Starting at 12:00 PM Eastern Time all you need to do is log into GTN at the top of the hour for 5 or 10 minutes for the next 12 hours (as much as you can). Set an hourly alarm to remind you and lets see if the weekend will have a better result.
None of these poll options accurately reflect my opinion.
12 hours is a long time...it should be one set hour everyday. Maybe 1pm on Mondays and 4pm Saturdays?

Although I'd like to know what Eric has who online set to? 15 mins?
I had an early session then went to sleep afterwards i got up to see how we were at 9pm but I will set reminders this time.
12 hours is a long time...it should be one set hour everyday. Maybe 1pm on Mondays and 4pm Saturdays?

Although I'd like to know what Eric has who online set to? 15 mins?
Originally Posted by dieselv2
Thanks for the input. No one is obligated to sit there for 12 straight hours, nor do you have to visit the site at the top of the hour for all 12 hours. It is completely voluntary and I picked a 12 hour period as it will cover most of the world to give everyone a good chance if they want to participate. 4 PM my time would be 4 AM in Singapore. Picking one time would be inconvenient for someone. Your level of participation (and this is not directed solely to dieselv2) is completely up to you.

If we get a badge, great. If not, then we don't.
So the failure to obtain this badge is completely the fault of the massive number of site members in Singapore?
I like what you did there "Flash Sob". I forgot until I logged on and saw the post, with the community event, tax day I lost track of this as well. I will make a note of this and help you try again, hey we'll get it... someday.
Once again, 12 hours is too much. Pick an hour, schedule it, see what happens.
I like what you did there "Flash Sob". I forgot until I logged on and saw the post, with the community event, tax day I lost track of this as well. I will make a note of this and help you try again, hey we'll get it... someday.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
A good amount of people probably forgot or didn't want to put in the effort, which is fine.
So the failure to obtain this badge is completely the fault of the massive number of site members in Singapore?
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
If you want to blame Singapore because I used them as an example, be my guest.
Once again, 12 hours is too much. Pick an hour, schedule it, see what happens.
Originally Posted by futiles
So what hour then? Cause someone will not get the short end of the stick.
My vote is for maybe a 2 hour period at most that is friendly to US primarily and Europe secondary. So something in the afternoon US time.
So what hour then? Cause someone will not get the short end of the stick.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
During a 12 hour window, someone "gets the short end"

Very few, if anyone, is going to try for 12 hours, and let us be completely honest, say at noon, 28 people log in, and get the badge, how many of them are going to continue to log in every hour, for the next 12 hours, for the people that were not on at noon?

A vast majority of the site's active membership is North America and Europe, not all, but most. 5PM EDT is 9PM UTC.

That would be:

2PM Pacific
3PM Mountain
4PM Central
5PM Eastern
10PM UK, Spain, and Portugal
11PM Rest of Eastern Europe

Want to adjust that a little bit, one way or the other, but, that would be your sweet spot...

Sorry, corrected my times, they will also be in Daylight times at that point.
Last edited 04-20-2016 at 02:53 AM by futiles.
Very few, if anyone, is going to try for 12 hours, and let us be completely honest, say at noon, 28 people log in, and get the badge, how many of them are going to continue to log in every hour, for the next 12 hours, for the people that were not on at noon?
This.

I will continue to log in, see the super low turnout, laugh, log out.
If you are truly concerned about Singapore, that would be 5AM for them. If anyone from Singapore posts in this thread that they cannot make it then, I would guess you would be safe in moving the times.
This.

I will continue to log in, see the super low turnout, laugh, log out.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
So you'll be there then, great!
To add to the fun, there are currently no gamers registered on this site declaring themselves to be from Singapore:

http://www.gamertagnation.com/member...itter=&group=0
During a 12 hour window, someone "gets the short end"

A vast majority of the site's active membership is North America and Europe, not all, but most. 5PM EDT is 9PM UTC.

That would be:

2PM Pacific
3PM Mountain
4PM Central
5PM Eastern
10PM UK, Spain, and Portugal
11PM Rest of Eastern Europe

Want to adjust that a little bit, one way or the other, but, that would be your sweet spot...

Sorry, corrected my times, they will also be in Daylight times at that point.
Im in UK and thats fine with me Smile
Im in UK and thats fine with me Smile
Originally Posted by dieselv2
What, you mean with planning and notice, you can make a specific window work? That's crazy!!!!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account