How to get badges

General Chat

Pinned Thread
Since I was directed to this thread when asking about unlocking badges, I’m guessing starting a new thread is not the way to go here.

Can I get a gentle nudge in the right direction on Mystery Badge VII and Cheating Death? I’ve tried everything I can think of for both with no luck. I don’t want it spelled out but I’m thinking I’m missing something very central to both.
Since I was directed to this thread when asking about unlocking badges, I’m guessing starting a new thread is not the way to go here.

Can I get a gentle nudge in the right direction on Mystery Badge VII and Cheating Death? I’ve tried everything I can think of for both with no luck. I don’t want it spelled out but I’m thinking I’m missing something very central to both.
Originally Posted by thanatos8285
Try https://www.gamertagnation.com/gener...-spoilers.html but proceed cautiously because there are spoilers in there.

And for Cheating Death, I had no luck searching the forums, but maybe you'll have better lunch than I did.
you have them givein to you
Hi...

How to get

Gotta Catch 'Em All and Wanted badges? tried every code and still not working
Any of the mystery badges, besides the first one
Any of the mystery badges, besides the first one
Originally Posted by I Am Kernholio
If I remember correctly, there's a forum thread specifically for hints to help find the Mystery Badges.
So with Microsoft's commitment to making all games for the first year of the X|S life cycle compatible with X1 as well, is there a way we can filter the game list on the site to show games that are ONLY for the X|S? I'm guessing that's the only way to unlock the Early Adopter II badge or get achievements to count toward the XSive badges - unlocking achievements in games that aren't forwards-compatible with the X1 (is that the right term? Is that a real term at all?). Can I just upload a pic of my Series X instead? Haha
So with Microsoft's commitment to making all games for the first year of the X|S life cycle compatible with X1 as well, is there a way we can filter the game list on the site to show games that are ONLY for the X|S? I'm guessing that's the only way to unlock the Early Adopter II badge or get achievements to count toward the XSive badges - unlocking achievements in games that aren't forwards-compatible with the X1 (is that the right term? Is that a real term at all?). Can I just upload a pic of my Series X instead? Haha
Originally Posted by thanatos8285
That's a very good point. The site currently shows all Xbox One games in addition to Xbox Series X|S since they're backwards compatible. I'll update this later today so filtering by Xbox Series X|S only shows games that are available only on that platform. That is how all the Xbox Series X|S badges are tracked after all.

UPDATE: This update is now live here: https://www.gamertagnation.com/games...&platformid=17
Last edited 12-11-2020 at 09:05 PM by GTN Eric.
That's a very good point. The site currently shows all Xbox One games in addition to Xbox Series X|S since they're backwards compatible. I'll update this later today so filtering by Xbox Series X|S only shows games that are available only on that platform. That is how all the Xbox Series X|S badges are tracked after all.

UPDATE: This update is now live here: https://www.gamertagnation.com/games...&platformid=17
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Awesome, does that mean I get a Bright Idea Badge? Lol.
The Wanted Badge is still giving me issues lol, tried the Wanted level codes from GTA 4, and then tried all the other codes.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/17-...more%20rows%20

Even converting them to letters doesn't give any real words, but the beginning of the wanted level codes is AMP, idk where to go from here
The Wanted Badge is still giving me issues lol, tried the Wanted level codes from GTA 4, and then tried all the other codes.

Even converting them to letters doesn't give any real words, but the beginning of the wanted level codes is AMP, idk where to go from here
Originally Posted by Strategyboyz21
If it helps, I'm pretty sure that badge was on the site before GTA IV was released.
If it helps, I'm pretty sure that badge was on the site before GTA IV was released.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
The Wanted badge was added over five years after GTA IV released.
The Wanted badge was added over five years after GTA IV released.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
My bad... I was probably thinking that because I seem to recall using a code from an GTA game released before GTA IV when I got the badge. But, it's been a while since I did that. (I also just realized I was thinking of GTA V not GTA IV lol)
Last edited 02-01-2021 at 01:04 AM by HyruleBalverine.
My bad... I was probably thinking that because I seem to recall using a code from an GTA game released before GTA IV when I got the badge. But, it's been a while since I did that. (I also just realized I was thinking of GTA V not GTA IV lol)
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Yeah in another thread GTN Eric say it's from GTA 4, and then someone else one of the GTA 4 cheats is hooked on phonics, and another thread mentioned how there isn't only numbers on phones. I've tried converting all the GTA 4 cheats to words and you get nothing. I'm so lost. Why couldn't it just be "iamthelaw" Frown

Originally Posted by Strategyboyz21
You're so close.... alpha, rather than numeric, is definitely the way to go here.
You're so close.... alpha, rather than numeric, is definitely the way to go here.
Originally Posted by Nod Nolan
LMAO I still don't know what the means. I even loaded up the game and typed the COP - Wanted Down/Up that it technically is named in the phone that I forgot about, and still nothing
Try https://www.gamertagnation.com/gener...-spoilers.html but proceed cautiously because there are spoilers in there.

And for Cheating Death, I had no luck searching the forums, but maybe you'll have better lunch than I did.
Originally Posted by jeffmomm
This link no longer seems to work (looks like the Mystery Badge thread has disappeared too Frown

I'm having issues with Mystery Badge VII. I've searched for "One" and "1" I've gone to the games page and filtered it so that only the Xbox One games show. I've done the same on my profile.
This link no longer seems to work (looks like the Mystery Badge thread has disappeared too Frown

I'm having issues with Mystery Badge VII. I've searched for "One" and "1" I've gone to the games page and filtered it so that only the Xbox One games show. I've done the same on my profile.
Originally Posted by Yodin AllFather
Don't fret, Mystery Badge VI and VII are among the hardest to find. Mystery Badge VI may only be unlocked on a particular day of the week, while Mystery Badge VII may only be unlocked for two separate hours of the day. Both of these time-limited badges are based on the time zone you have set for your profile so you can reference the time shown at the bottom of each page to see if it's set correctly and change it accordingly.

Also, there is no search functionality required for Mystery Badge VII – unlike other easter egg or mystery badges you may have come across – so think a bit more about the hint and I bet you'll stumble upon it soon. Happy hunting!

PS... I like your idea of filtering Xbox One games - that's much more smarter than I could have imagined. This one won't be that easy. 😁
Last edited 01-08-2022 at 09:22 PM by GTN Eric.

Originally Posted by jeffmomm
Probably another deceptively simple one, but I've gone thru the cheat codes of every Ninja Gaiden game released before 2013. As there's no select, I haven't been able to use any of those codes

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account