Games with no achievement for beating the game? Spoilers likely.

Xbox 360

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

So I just finished playing through Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and while I still need to go back and do a couple of the early achievements (I played through most of the game blind and missed a couple things), I found it odd that there was no achievement for beating the game, or any that could only be gotten at that time. The last one is in the 2nd/3rd-to-last level.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted is sort of like that as well, though if I recall there isn't a lot after that last achievement. I feel like I recall some other games like this as well, where you can get all the achievements before beating the game, but can't think of any. It creates an odd scenario where an achievement hunter may get all the achievements but not actually beat the game.

Can anyone think of any other games like this, games with no achievements for beating the game? Obviously only counts if the game has a story/campaign. I've seen several games where there aren't many progression achievements, maybe even just one for beating the game, and everything else is other tasks, this is that taken further.
Stick it to the Man. Although you have to be pretty close to the end to get them all.
Might be wrong, but I seem to remember Clive Barker's Jericho was like that, where the last achievement was before the totally anti-climactic ending. Great game otherwise.
Avatar is the only one I can think of
Originally Posted by FAR QZ
GREAT game :-)
I think Max: Curse of Brotherhood has all achievements done before game ends.
I think Max: Curse of Brotherhood has all achievements done before game ends.
Originally Posted by futiles
YES, correct answer
Might be wrong, but I seem to remember Clive Barker's Jericho was like that, where the last achievement was before the totally anti-climactic ending. Great game otherwise.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Yup, no need to deal with the final boss since the full 1000 GS unlocked the level before.
So I noticed that Destiny is another one to add to this list. I know the game is set up largely so the "endgame" so to speak is the main focus, but still, I would have expected something in terms of achievements for the last story mission. The only story achievements seem to be the first mission or two.
The only story seem to be the first mission or two.
Originally Posted by Skydude252
fixed it for ya
So I noticed that Destiny is another one to add to this list. I know the game is set up largely so the "endgame" so to speak is the main focus, but still, I would have expected something in terms of achievements for the last story mission. The only story achievements seem to be the first mission or two.
Originally Posted by Skydude252
Sorry, I'm too busy talking to somebody not you, maybe I'll get back to you in the sequel.
I agree on Jericho. I also believe Shellshock 2 was like that... maybe. Too long ago to remember.
Shellshock 2 was such a painfully bad game to get through. It looks like there were several achievements for beating it, difficulty based ones (stackable, thankfully) and one for beating it twice.

And yeah, Destiny is rather lacking in story. Still a fun game though.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account