Region Free 360?

Xbox 360

Found 24 posts - Go to Last Post

Actually I believe ALL 360s are region free, but they are region aware. The locking happens on the disks.
Originally Posted by Kaens
No, they are region-coded. So, they play region specific and region free media. The console and the media both have a region code, and they must match to work. Same with DVD and Bluray players. USA/Canada are Region 1, and hardware is coded with that. It is a dual-layer system.

Media can be region free, well more specifically "all regions." By being all regions, when the hardware says, "Are you my region?" The media answers, "Yes, yes I am!" (Because it is, is has all 8 region codes...)
I had just got the game in the mail and i have that model of the Xbox set up so i thought i'd give it a quick look, if i knew he wanted a specific person to check, i wouldn't have bothered wasting my time.
Originally Posted by BigNev44
*snicker*

Hey, you going to make Achievement Fest 2015?
*snicker*

Hey, you going to make Achievement Fest 2015?
Originally Posted by futiles
I'm looking into it, i'm not going on any big trips like i did last year before AF 2015.
Since BigNev44 posted such a definitive answer, I felt the answer was clear. I did not see the need to even try. I can tomorrow, but, really don't see the point.
Originally Posted by futiles
I had just got the game in the mail and i have that model of the Xbox set up so i thought i'd give it a quick look, if i knew he wanted a specific person to check, i wouldn't have bothered wasting my time.
Originally Posted by BigNev44
Wow guys, bite my head off, yikes! I simply didn't see BigNev post.. sorry...

I think the conclusion is don't use Gamestop employee information. There is no such thing as a region free 360, unless of course its modded and then MS will most likely ban your console.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
For the record I was about 95% sure the guy was wrong, but hell you never know... unless you ask or try it yourself.. I was just trying to get this 100% verified, because sometimes the little known stuff comes back to haunt us.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account