Found 37 posts - Go to Last Post

well we have an MGO thread and a discussion on what might happen next so here is one of the actual game to keep things tidy.

Anyway I reserved a copy today and was slightly sad that there would be no early openings. But i did get an envelope with a bonus DVD of some kind. Not gonna watch it til the day though.
I preordered MGS4 yesterday. Just the regular edition. I don't even own a PS3, but I'll probably play it in September when I'm living back with my PS3-equipped roommate.
it comes out june 12th a thursday, wonder if the staff hold suspicions over the 13th which was a date in MGS2. And in Kojima's life. It was his first date with his wife and he forgot.
Yeah... they like making parallells like that.... one of the newest trailers says we have something special to look forward to when the global release occurs. I believe one of the trailers ended with a end of Game like sequence with Mr Kojima talking to the director of Konami.

They talked about an event, and how the VIP was ready for their use.

It of course ended with.

"Whatever you Say... Mr Company President..."

EDIT: and full marks for not watching till release Billy... is it the same thing as the MGS2 DVD?

And I presume it's a date?

Room of Saucy Banter on Twelfth, or to the MoleStation?
well chris is at work so gather at mine. I haven't been watching the trailers but head to Gametrailers.com - The Source For Video Game Media and they have interviews with David Hayter on the bonus round. it's very well done and doesn't ruin anything. i'm just gonna wait til release.

I haven't watched the DVD but i opened the case and its like a background to all the Snakes. From what I can tell.
I would have to guess that the date is pretty important if they pushed for a simultaneous global release.
I would have to guess that the date is pretty important if they pushed for a simultaneous global release.
Originally Posted by Abel
Yeah.... I'm guessing Billy's view on it being a important date personally to Kojima is correct. "You remember what day tomorrow is?" Is a very important question in the Modern world of MGS... It has a lot to do with Forgetting and information being passed on, which was the theme for MGS2, that I'm guessing is celebrated in MGS4 as well

Billy: Who's gonna be there? Pandy and Steve, I imagine? Maybe Archanist? lol
well so far its just me as its a thursday so people have work and andreas and steven don't like MGS
So... I'm thinking all three of us write a review for this. It's an epic game... and we're all gamers with over fourteen years under our belts. I think we can write a full length in depth review of several pages. That would be AWESOME.
If you do get round to making this review (like me and Obsidian Tides getting round to the Lost Odyssey review) I'll look forward to reading it.

I've always been a fan of the Metal Gear series, even the shitty little card game on the PSP (which was fun when you got into it).
Like we needed the entire thread spammed with personal conversation.

Fricken' PM system, mothafuckas, do you use it?! Big Grin

Seriously can't wait to get my hands on this game though. I'm just counting down the seconds until Thursday. Frown I just hope my copy doesn't arrive late, or I'll be very disappointed.
Like we needed the entire thread spammed with personal conversation.

Fricken' PM system, mothafuckas, do you use it?! Big Grin

Seriously can't wait to get my hands on this game though. I'm just counting down the seconds until Thursday. Frown I just hope my copy doesn't arrive late, or I'll be very disappointed.
Originally Posted by Jonny
Haha! Very true, Jon. I'm curious as to your plans on release day? I presume for such a anticipated title, you and your mates will gather! Big Grin

It-s kinda fun to find out what plans people will have for the release days of games... Dunno why, but it just shows the different types of gamers out there!

EDIT: Cleaned up the Thread. Sorry for the Spam, people. Big Grin
If only I didn't have a goddamn exam on the release day =(

I'm looking forward to it, even though I don't own a PS3, if it's as awesome as it looks right now it'll surely break some form of video game barrier.
the full hype will probably hit me tomorrow and i wont be able to do anything apart from imagine how fun the game will be. I mainly just want to see how the story turns out. it could have all the MGS2 features and nothing more i'd still just play for story. I still have my copy from launch day.
My copy of MGS4 came this morning, a day early. So far, absolutely insane game. I will be very surprised if this doesn't score a 10/10 almost everywhere. Honestly; it's an absolute masterpiece.
id expect nothing less from a metal gear game though. each one has shown what the PS console is capable of and even what can be done in terms of gameplay. can't wait for tomorrow, ill be up nice and early for it.
well after picking it up and playing it i find that all the skills i had during the previous games don't mean much anymore. gonna take a while for me to go back into sneak mode. Although i do blame the game for making unsuspecting headshots so tempting in the first minute. loving it so far and ive only played the opening and a bit more.
Completed it tonight. Now I feel a bit empty.. Frown

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account