Member of the Month July 2014 (SpectreSubZero)

Community Interviews

Found 4 posts - Go to Last Post

Hey everyone, It' been awhile and I've noticed some interest in the Member of the Month. Well with the Challenges back on and over with this month I thought now would be as good a time to reintroduce this feature too, so with no further hupla, I would like to introduce you to our newest member of the Month:

Name:
My name is Mike. I'm 29 years old, married, and have two kids (2 yoa and 1 yoa)

What do you do for a living?
I'm a Deputy First Class with the Orange County Sheriff's Office (Orlando FL). Within that, I do a lot of things.

Tell me about your Gamertag?
SpectreSubZero
I was big into playing Operation Flashpoint, Heavy Gear 2, Mech Warrior 4, and C&C Tiberian Sun back in the day online. My tag was some form of Spectre. I wanted to use Spectre for the 360, but it was taken. I really wanted to play online, so I threw my favorite Mortal Kombat character on the end and called it a day....didn't realize you would have to pay to change it later. So here I am, years later, and still have the same tag!

When did you start playing?
I started playing video games in the 80's on my Atari. My first "first person" shooting game was Wolfenstein, when it first came out. The game fit on a 3 1/2" floppy disc. I was a big time NES player and still own my Game Gear, which the screen no longer works. Moved to an N64, then to PC gaming for a long time. My girlfriend, now wife, bought me a XBox 360. It came with the game Hexic and I played it for a few hours that night. While playing I heard my Xbox make a weird sound and something pop up at the bottom of the screen...and in 2007 I discovered something called...."Gamerscore."

What's your play style?
Completionist till Games with Gold came about. Now I don't know what I am, maybe just a gamerscore drifter.

What's your favorite game genre?
Survival Horror and RTS

Whats your favorite game on 360? ONE? Of all time (any system).
So many favorites but if I had to choose one for the 360, I would have to go with Dead Space and/or Dead Space 2. I have only play 4 games for the Xbox One so far, so I will have to go with Guacamole, although I'm sure if actually purchased a retail game, I would have a new favorite.

Favorite game of all time, which my cousins and I still have tournaments, Goldeneye 007 for the N64.

If you were a Video Game or game character who and why?
Balder from Too Human. He's an ultimate badass! If I were to pick a more mainstream game, Command Shepard a.k.a Pimp of the Galaxy.

Are you looking forward to any new releases?
Destiny and Halo 5... Bring it on Bungie!

Do you collect or not so much?
Not a collector.

What's your favorite feature on GTN?
Forums! I love how inviting the community of this site is. Also, who doesn't love badges!

What would you tell people about GTN if you were trying to get them to join?
This a site with a site creator that actually listens to the people. A lot of what you see on this site is the ideas of 100's people and hard work by our main man Eric. If you want a site that you can call yours and really feel like your a part of, become a part of GTN.

Is there anything you would like added to the site?
Boosting Calendar where people can form or join sessions.

Tell us some things about your self that we may not know?

Favorite tv shows currently: Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels

TV show all time: Star Trek TNG and Seinfeld

Favorite movies: Anything that has the words Star Trek in it.

Huge Florida State (FSU) football fan

Well there you have it, be sure to stop by and say hello to him on his profile, he really is a pretty darn nice guy. I hope you like it and I'm always open for suggestions on new questions. Until my next victim...er ..community member!! We'll see you here next month!
Last edited 01-08-2015 at 02:35 PM by B8TINGU.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account