Introducing Xbox Game Pass: Unlimited Access To More Than 100 Games

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

https://majornelson.com/2017/02/28/i...han-100-games/

Today, we’re continuing our commitment to give you more options to diversify and expand your library of games with Xbox Game Pass, a new gaming subscription service coming later this spring. Xbox Game Pass gives you unlimited access to over 100 Xbox One and backward compatible Xbox 360 games – all for $9.99 per month.
Coming sometime in Spring...
This may be an interesting option for me, since I actually hate buying digitally only games and this is a bean divers dream come true! I guess it will depend on what games.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Will it include DLC?
Already available with limited games (16 or so) for people in previews. Doubt if DLC will be included, but never know. Will also give discount for the games if people want to buy them for permanent access (if they get dropped from the list). It's pretty much EA Access for other companies. Could be a really good deal at $10/month, though they'll probably want $15 up here.
Already available with limited games (16 or so) for people in previews. Doubt if DLC will be included, but never know. Will also give discount for the games if people want to buy them for permanent access (if they get dropped from the list). It's pretty much EA Access for other companies. Could be a really good deal at $10/month, though they'll probably want $15 up here.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
I'm a little worried about sorting, filtering the content, if they just add it to, "ready to install", adding 100 games to my list of 300 or so is not going to work well.
I think this is a good deal, but I own too many games already so I don't think it's for me.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
The biggest difference is once in the Vault, EA games stay in the vault. This will be a monthly rotation of 100 games.

So, EA Access is $30/year, and once a game is added, it is yours as long as you continue to subscribe.

This is $120/year, and the games rotate, more like a digital GameFly. Netflix: Games Edition. Something may stick around for months. Something may rotate out quickly. Not exactly a deal breaker, or even a bad thing, but, definitely a difference.
I'm a little worried about sorting, filtering the content, if they just add it to, "ready to install", adding 100 games to my list of 300 or so is not going to work well.
I'm with you on that. I would hate it if they did that.
There is a new section called "Memberships" where you can see games available to you from GwG, EA Pass or this new Xbox Pass. After you have installed them it will go into your games right into that 300 game mix.

I also agree they need to add more filtering options to help us manage our digital libraries.
Will it include DLC?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
By the way the article reads, dlc will not be included, but will be available to buy, probably at a discount.

The biggest difference is once in the Vault, EA games stay in the vault. This will be a monthly rotation of 100 games.

So, EA Access is $30/year, and once a game is added, it is yours as long as you continue to subscribe.

This is $120/year, and the games rotate, more like a digital GameFly. Netflix: Games Edition. Something may stick around for months. Something may rotate out quickly. Not exactly a deal breaker, or even a bad thing, but, definitely a difference.
Originally Posted by futiles
Wow, didn't look at the math right away. I thought that EA did cycle games in like the sports games? Since they shut servers down on those? Also its all just EA games...so it limits that and that's maybe where MS is getting the price hike?
By the way the article reads, dlc will not be included, but will be available to buy, probably at a discount.

Wow, didn't look at the math right away. I thought that EA did cycle games in like the sports games? Since they shut servers down on those? Also its all just EA games...so it limits that and that's maybe where MS is getting the price hike?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
They cycle games in, yes. But, so far, no game has cycled out. They tend to add a couple games every month or two, and it is quite the collection now.
According to the Xbox.com FAQs about Game Pass, the games are able to be purchased to keep at 20% off the retail price, with any available DLC at 10% off regular price.
games 20% off and dlc 10% off, im trying it out but only 22 games right now not a 100
Yeah it's only 20 for the preview, but when it goes live (first for the gold members and then after for the silver members) we will have 100 games or so and the will change the games from time to time. And the games you download you will be able to use for 30 days offline. Dlc aren't included in the game pass.
I'm a alpha insider member so I have it now. I think it's good that they made the membership section but they need to make so it doesn't load ea access app for those games. But the game pass games are sorted after genre in their "app" so that's good.
So, then, are Games With Gold games sectioned off in that area as well?
Yeah, you have Games for Gold, EA Access and Xbox Game Pass there under memberships

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account