What does your gamertag mean?

Gaming Chat

Most of the 360 gamers in this forum have a gamertag, so what does your gamertag mean? You can also tell us about how you got to the name you have decided on too.

I'll share my short story a little later, now give me yours. :glasses:
i've used Chrono as a nickname since forever, sometimes adding Storm or Tempest to online names when it's called for. time is a subject i've always loved, and i also enjoy weather, so combining the two to create a time storm seemed like a good idea to me.
I got my gamertag from an indie clothing line known as "Heartcore Clothing". Back when I was into the whole emo scene, I picked up on the name and felt it was a fairly unique.

On the topic: I had a player last night ask me if my name was supposed to mean heartcare. I think having a name that people can pronounce and understand is good, yes? Yeah, I'm thinking of changing my gamertag. :cook:
I have a BC Rich Warlock guitar and my nickname is Billy.

Warlock Billy.
My Gamertag being "The Archanist" has no significance what so ever, it's a name that I stole from somewhere that I can't remember and I've been using it ever since.
My Gamertag being "The Archanist" has no significance what so ever, it's a name that I stole from somewhere that I can't remember and I've been using it ever since.
Originally Posted by The Archanist
That is actually a very unique gamertag. When I first saw the name I felt like it was an actual word though.
It seems to do with like... Magic or arcane arts.

You must have got it off a book or even a vintage game... I swear I've heard the term before...

Archanist.... o_O
It seems to do with like... Magic or arcane arts.

You must have got it off a book or even a vintage game... I swear I've heard the term before...

Archanist.... o_O
Originally Posted by Killak
There's quite a few Archanists in the Blood Elf areas of WoW, but I was using the name as my CS nick before that (which was funny when my mate rang me up to tell me Blizzard had stolen my name). I must have stolen it from a book somewhere long ago, but a lot of people say that they've come across it, although I've not seen anything that mentions the word "archanist" before.
Last edited 05-29-2008 at 12:17 AM by The Archanist.
Lol.... since I'm not a WoW player, I'll try and remember where the name came from...
yeah it sounds quite old school. the guys at Blizzard probably got it off somewhere else.
I was reading a book by Joseph Wambaugh it was about this arsonist that they wanted jailed with a hefty bail to keep him behind bars he was a flight risk i adapted that as my tag the 359 is the month and year i was born
Mine is a lame one although has history now... Smile

d - for my first name
miller - my last name
68 - the year I was born (yes I'm old)

So this originally came from my hotmail address. When I was doing the xbox live beta all those years ago I used it and have been using it ever since. If you search Google for dmiller68 I would say 80-90% are me.
Mine is a lame one although has history now... Smile

d - for my first name
miller - my last name
68 - the year I was born (yes I'm old)

So this originally came from my hotmail address. When I was doing the xbox live beta all those years ago I used it and have been using it ever since. If you search Google for dmiller68 I would say 80-90% are me.
Originally Posted by dmiller68
Nice man, good to see a Xbox Live beta player. It took me awhile to jump onto the Xbox console. I was glued to my PS2 for awhile but once my friend bought an Xbox, I changed sides. I don't remember my old gamertag though. Frown

Oh, and I changed my gamertag from heartcxre to GTN Eric a few months ago. I think my gamertag goes without explanation but here it goes:

GTN = Initials for Gamertag Nation
Eric = My first name
Autonamus... Google Autonomy Smile Let me google that for you

I changed the spelling and I liked it more and Ive kept it since day 1 just changed it up abit.

DR Autonamus
zF Autonamus
LDS Autonamus (No not that group that came to mind)
GB Autonamus (Gamebattles as I used to staff there)
MLG Autonamus (Same as above)
But now I am up to:
James loves you (Because I just love you.)

Oh I also have just plain Autonamus

I have had many others.

I had The Ginger Ninja but it was a 2 month and god there are so many variations to that out there and I had it first (Score)
Excellent! The Ginger Ninja! That's EPIC.
Excellent! The Ginger Ninja! That's EPIC.
Originally Posted by Killak
Took the words from my mouth, that one just gave me like a double take. Oh and Autonamus, I love the letmegooglethatforyou.com link. I didn't know if anyone knew about that site. Smile
Took the words from my mouth, that one just gave me like a double take. Oh and Autonamus, I love the letmegooglethatforyou.com link. I didn't know if anyone knew about that site. Smile
Originally Posted by Eric
Yeah that site is one of the sites I use the most, What an Idea it was though.
So I've been looking around some more about the origin of my Gamertag (The Archanist) and found some strange stuff.

1. There isn't a page titled "Archanist" on wikipedia
and
2. If you google "Archanist", the last hit on the first page is my profile page on GTN. (Regular google not "letmegooglethisforyou", allready tried that.)
I got my name BEFORE I knew what chaos dice were xD Dice I got when I was first into DnD [about 8 or 9 years old] because I always carried around three or four sets of dice in case someone needed them. The Chaos part came when I was 11 or 12 cause every time I'd open my mouth chaos would ensue xD BAM! Instant nickname =D and it's been with me ever since. Except no substitutions or poorly performed imitations, I'm the real ChaosDice =]
Well i have been mixing Happy Hardcore Oldskool tunes for the last 14 years as a bedroom DJ and my DJ name is Eaglet as my surname is Eagle and im the youngest out of me and my bro, so i really wanted DJ Eaglet as my gamertag but i couldnt have that so xbox gave me a selection to pick from and so i chose TimedEaglet and so the 'Timed' is just random.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account