The word of the day: Cattle

Destiny

Found 22 posts - Go to Last Post

So, thought I'd drop in this morning for a quick fix and I'm getting the Cattle error. So is this a Bungie error or another attack.
I am avoiding Destiny, as I don't have the time (or friends that play during my limited time), but I am intrigued by a Cattle Error... could you please elaborate?
Would like to hear someone at Bungie elaborate why it's Cattle in the first place, unless that's just what they think of their customers...
Haven't heard anything, maybe this time it is something to do with the 1.0.2 update. Hoping that's all it is.
I was trying to get as much sleep as possible after a late night watching a baseball semi-playoff game.
Would like to hear someone at Bungie elaborate why it's Cattle in the first place, unless that's just what they think of their customers...
Haven't heard anything, maybe this time it is something to do with the 1.0.2 update. Hoping that's all it is.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Maybe they think it's better than 1x808238829x error that MS gives...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I had to cut myself off when A's scored in the 12th, figured it was over. Glad to see they pulled it out. And hopefully for them, they keep up the intensity. Great week for KC, drubbing the Patriots was a sight of beauty.
BTW, the patch hasn't been applied yet, I "checked" this morning.
I keep checking their site to see if there's been any updates. So far they have only updated the companion app, which they still refuse to put on WinOS.
I actually prefer the animal code names more than the 1x834756382x error system that MS uses. Only thing that is annoying is that you won't necessarily know what the code name means unless bungie has specified what it is.
http://www.bungie.net/7_Error-Code-C.../Article/11873

Bungie does tell you the error code meanings...

(Oh and patch should have just rolled out)
I keep checking their site to see if there's been any updates. So far they have only updated the companion app, which they still refuse to put on WinOS.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Yeah, a little annoyed that they have time to update an app that was already working fine, but refuse to make one for win8 or smartglass. Hopefully that update is live now, then I can finally grab my cryptarch package from the post.
Patch is live, I will do my twitch stream when I get home from GS, so about 9:30 CST, for anyone who wants to watch me open 3 Cryptarch packages and one Vanguard package.
Glad you found the postman to hold your packages. I'm a little dubious on this, the way they made it sound in the notes, it's almost if the contents of the package are already determined before you take them to cryptarc. So the question would be if the package is generated at the time of sending or when you get it.

Hope for your sake it's when you get it. I'm ready to do the weekly strike tonight and finish up my Exotic quest.
http://www.bungie.net/7_Error-Code-C.../Article/11873

Bungie does tell you the error code meanings...

(Oh and patch should have just rolled out)
Originally Posted by futiles
Well I knew that some of the errors explain what the problem is. I received an error a couple of weeks ago and all I was given when I looked it up was they were looking into the problem. It also stated that if you continue to receive this error to restart your equipment.
Glad you found the postman to hold your packages. I'm a little dubious on this, the way they made it sound in the notes, it's almost if the contents of the package are already determined before you take them to cryptarc. So the question would be if the package is generated at the time of sending or when you get it.

Hope for your sake it's when you get it. I'm ready to do the weekly strike tonight and finish up my Exotic quest.
From my experiences, the packages are randomly generated when you pick them up. It only states what could be in it. Each time I've received from 2-4 Engrams of varying rarity. The best was the package I got 5 ranks ago which had 2 purples and a blue, and that yielded an exotic helm, a legendary rocket launcher, and some crap to break down.

But who knows. Tune in tonight to find out! 9:30PM CST!
From my experiences, the packages are randomly generated when you pick them up. It only states what could be in it. Each time I've received from 2-4 Engrams of varying rarity. The best was the package I got 5 ranks ago which had 2 purples and a blue, and that yielded an exotic helm, a legendary rocket launcher, and some crap to break down.

But who knows. Tune in tonight to find out! 9:30PM CST!
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Well, now we know. My cryptarch package I left at the postmaster was downgraded. Should have been 1 Legendary and 2 Rare according to the message, it was 3 Rare when I opened it.
It could be that we'll see reduced drop rates for legendaries to compensate for the fact that they always produce purple or better now. In other words, we probably have the same chances of getting legendary items as before, but without the frustration of downgrades.
Got another cryptarch reward for leveling up (post update). Said it was a Rare and Legendary. Still only gave me 2x Rare. Maybe the update didn't address the cryptarch leveling rewards or something.
I got 4 purples from my packages, only two turned into items. I got legendary scout and hand cannon.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account