Xbox 360 and Wii owners have migrated to PS4, Sony says

Gaming Chat

Found 22 posts - Go to Last Post

Research shows that a significant number of Xbox 360 and Wii owners have migrated to PS4 during the early stages of the latest console cycle, according to Sony.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ps4-sony-says/

I think with the decline in the price of xbox in one many will return....
I tend to stay away from big N consoles until they release enough first party titles that warrant me purchasing one (which looks like 2015 for the WiiU [Zelda, Starfox]).

But yes, it was decided early on that the PS4 was going to be this households console this generation (even though we have an XB1), with the seemingly dickish choices that Microsoft made prior to launch (and have walked back... all of them). So I can't argue with the story. Smile
My theory is that people going to PS4 are really former PS2 owners that really jumped the ship with the way they handled the PS3.
Another factor is the PS4 was released in more countries than the Xbox One, one would expect the sales differences to be a lot higher. In the long run it comes down to what you want to play and there will always be the Sony fans and Xbox fans but there are always the fans that like both consoles.
My theory is that people going to PS4 are really former PS2 owners that really jumped the ship with the way they handled the PS3.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Hrm... well that kind of hit the nail on the head I suppose. Plus I was drawn to the data that Microsoft opened for the Xbox profiles (of course Smile )
What about the people that have them all?

Oh wait, they are awesome.
What about the people that have them all?

Oh wait, they are awesome.
Originally Posted by futiles
Those people have too much free cash on their hands and should just send it to me.
Those people have too much free cash on their hands and should just send it to me.
Oh Reginald? I Disagree! *drives off*

Plus extra cash? Yeah you'll have to fight MLC for that stuff :P something about since she's my wife, my money is her money... or something to that effect.
This is interesting. It says more about the PS3 than it does about the Xbox One. We are still far to early to make any calls about this generation winning or loosing. At this time in the previous generation, less than a year in, there was only a 360 no PS3 at all.

So all I can say is: Great. I'm glad that Sony has grounded themselves and made a fabulous machine. All this extra competition is getting me at LEAST two, strike that, FOUR free games a month, increased sales, and a rapid improvement schedule (monthly).

Although I liked their initial vision, no disks, always connected, everything in the cloud, I think they have served me well so far with a rapidly modified plan. I knock some of the communication up to moving forward with the One earlier than planned, and also bad leadership, that were already checked out with a new job deal in hand, just coasting until the ink dried... I'm looking at you Matrick.
All of the X1s are going to AF2014, and the PS4/Wii U can tag along if you want.
i have all the consoles but im not gonna waist my time on some achievement fest convention it seems pointless usually the ppl that go to those things r ppl with way to much money n time on there hands n it errks me that ppl brag about it go donate that time n money to some charity or homeless like i do
go donate that time n money to some charity or homeless
Originally Posted by chunky meconium
I completely agree. That's why I have money taken out of every check for multiple charities, and over the last 24 months, while I was the cubmaster, my son's cub scout pack had more community service hours than any other pack in our council. It is important that people who have the ability to give back to the community and society do, before they do stuff for themselves.
at least some1 gets it i also volunteer every other weekend at the local food bank n soup kitchen have done that 4 the last 22 years
This has been my personal experience too. I was a Nintendo guy, then dabbled with Xbox. Hated PS and PS2 because of too much shovelware. 360 hooked me because of achievements, but I still bought the other consoles.

Edit: Oh yeah, and a large part of the total numbers seems to be because Europe swung hard back to PS4. I don't think it's that bad here in USA.

with the seemingly dickish choices that Microsoft made prior to launch (and have walked back... all of them). So I can't argue with the story. Smile
Originally Posted by Cormyre
This right here is my pet peeve... Why don't you see it for what it is, Microsoft made a huge mistake and when the community spoke, MS heard it and changed thier stance. They listened, we made a point and they listened. You can call it what you like but ultimately I call it good public relations. I've seen the same thing in video games, support goes down and servers are turned off, we loose features and sometimes the public responds out loud and gets stuff reversed. Then people are happy and don't call that dickish..same thing applies here.
This right here is my pet peeve... Why don't you see it for what it is, Microsoft made a huge mistake and when the community spoke, MS heard it and changed thier stance. They listened, we made a point and they listened. You can call it what you like but ultimately I call it good public relations. I've seen the same thing in video games, support goes down and servers are turned off, we loose features and sometimes the public responds out loud and gets stuff reversed. Then people are happy and don't call that dickish..same thing applies here.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
It's a two fold problem. Microsoft was sending mixed messages. I mean, on the day of announcement, two executives were telling two completely different policies to the media at the same time, there was no cohesion, and that is a big part of the problem.

Another issue is something I lightly touched on in another thread. The loud crowd versus the populous crowd. The backlash against the policies were loud, but possibly not the majority. The backlash was against mixed messaging on ideas that no one had experienced or were fully fleshed out yet, so it's possible the loud crowd forced Microsoft's hand to backtrack on what could have been great policies and practices.

A third issue I saw with Microsoft is they led with the wrong foot. The announcement for the console was very entertainment focused, not game console focused which is COMPLETLEY BAT CRAP CRAZY, if you ask me. The type of people that are going to tune into and cover this reveal are the game players, not the TV watchers, they come after when the gamers have bought it and it's there and also happens to be easier and a great device.

Either way, this turmoil in console generation competition has and will only prove to be better for ALL gamers across all systems... you too Wii U owners; Microsoft and Sony locking horns allows for the 'Ron Paul' Nintendo to come in swinging and catch them both off guard, we can only hope.
Nice points, better said.. I just kind of don't like it when people put blinders on and speak about it.. (though I'm not intending to be all hostile) its just my opinion..

As for Nintendo... I here the Wii U was a still born system and now thief working on a new consol already...(nit like they sent anyway) but a one they can get out sooner than maybe perhaps 2 years.. I mean the server functionality of the Wii is already started to be taken offline.
Eh, I've frankly forgiven Microsoft (hence me having an XB1... even looking over the fact I have a friggin' Kinect in my livingroom which I said I would NOT do).... it's my wife that's still overly hostile to them over what they tried. I was interested in some of the stuff they wanted to do, others caught my ire and I don't even remember what's what now.

The Big N... to everyone outside of Japan I think the path of what to do is laid out, go 3rd party like their old rivals when it comes to consoles, and stick to handhelds... since their only true (non-phone) competition is the Vita... ...and we saw all the games that Sony announced for that at E3... oh wait, none... huzzah hyping an awesome powerful handheld Sony and let it just waste away.
huzzah hyping an awesome powerful handheld and let it just waste away.
Originally Posted by Cormyre
We actually call that "Sony-style"

If it was a home console, that's "Sega-style"
Edit: Oh yeah, and a large part of the total numbers seems to be because Europe swung hard back to PS4. I don't think it's that bad here in USA.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I feel that One will end up outselling PS4 in US. Will have to see if UK numbers bounce back, mainland Europe is well owned by Sony.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account