did the forums die?

General Chat

Found 26 posts - Go to Last Post

well it always seems to happen when i make a post anywhere on the site. Not mentioning any name or anything... but some "staff" on here seem to be a little too picky. I do not have the patience or the time to look through hundreds of posts or polls to look for a solution or to see if a post exists for the same post i am creating. So from now on you will not see any more post or comments coming from me. I am just going to use this site to follow my game tracking and so on. I swear i am not sure how some ppl get a staff promotion but if i was in control of the promotions i would definitely demote one certain person.
Originally Posted by Fullchaingang3
So thinking about this particular statement , I was going to leave it alone but it really got to me. I think you shouldn't let one person drive you away.. I mean seems a bit extreme to abandon others here in which you we're conversing with, I'd hate to see anyone loose a friend because of one person even if it was staff. Have you tried to PM this staff me member or Eric and maybe work out your differences? Maybe you've perceived things wrong, I mean everyone is human and we'er not perfect.. especially me.. I've had my differences with others and was quick to accept responsibility or try to work things out due to miscommunications on my part. Case in fact check this link out for http://www.gamertagnation.com/issues...nid-badge.html my self and Keans recently accidentally bumped heads. I'm not afraid to admit I screw up and I'm not afraid to apologize for my actions either. I know I'm pretty new to the staff thing so I appreciate people giving me advice or a break for being stupid sometimes.. Heck you don't even have to acknowledge this person, best to stay away from them if you feel that harassed or threatened..just sorry you feel this way.

I hope you read this and think about it and maybe give us another chance, if not I'm truly sorry and wish you the best. I'm always open to yours or anyones grievance's Just PM me and we can talk or try to work something out you don't have to name people to me, this isn't High School we're all pretty mature here, most of the time.. except Porch..lol....Just kidding... I really like that guy!
Oh i see how it is. Comic relief, eh? Big Grin

As far as mistakes and accidents are concerned, I once let one person ruin my experience of a gaming community, and as the years have rolled on, I realized I had missed opportunities with other friends from that community, many of which I am still friends with. What I am saying is, don't allow one person to define your experience. Fullchain, pm me if you want even more detailed advice.
And another thought: If anyone has a problem with me personally, please, please, please, confront me about it! I kid a lot, and use self-depreciation and sarcasm often, but if I offend anyone, please make me aware of it. I am mature enough to adapt and compromise without issue.

Okay. Time for the funny.
@B8tingu - you and I weren't butting heads, I was never upset!
Originally Posted by Kaens
Thanks I appreciate that, I was just trying to convey sometime I can be a little....abrasive and not know it.. I'll mimic the wise words of Porsche...if anyone has a problem with me, I would appreciate a civil PM to discuss the issue as I too do a lot of joking and poking of people, its never meant in disrespect or to harass, but to help lighten the mood or just have a bit of fun. I'm the last person to personally attack or disrespect, disregard people, I'd like to think I was raised better than that. My father was/is an outstanding man, my hero and I would never dishonor him or my family lineage. My years of military service as any military personnel can attest, makes you grow some thick skin, so I can take constructive criticism.

edit for a little grammar
Originally Posted by Kaens
C'mon, no bloodshed? Dang. As far as "thick-skinned" goes, I eagerly second that, but add that "hardheaded" is also routinely descriptive of vets. We don't really mean any harm, we've just lost that filter that keeps the not so decent stuff from coming out...

There's a fine line between being wise and being a smart-ass - a line I cross constantly Big Grin

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account