Viewing preferences for achievement lists

Feature Requests

Found 18 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed
When viewing the achievements for a game or piece of DLC, the default view is show all. I would like to be able to set my default to locked. I don't care about those I've already earned, they are in my past.
I will wholeheartedly support this, a great way to see what you need rather than what you have already unlocked.
Do I have to agree?

I do have trouble looking at this lists and telling quickly which achievements are locked or unlocked... some color variation would help some.
I'd also like to be able to set the default sort.
Status changed to 'Planned' - Will work this in next week. There will be an option to set your default view for achievements on the Gamertag Settings page.

Also, I thought I'd gray out locked achievements to make it easier to determine which achievements are locked versus unlocked. Unlocked achievements will appear the same as they do now. This designation would only appear on the achievements page for games you've played.
I'd also like to be able to set the default sort.
Originally Posted by N0RVY
This option would be a little trickier to implement since you have the option to sort achievements by unlock date or sync date for games you've played. Those two sorting options aren't available for games you haven't played so we would need two default sorting options - based on whether or not you've played the game.
Status changed from 'Planned' to 'Completed' - You can now configure the default achievements view from the Gamertag Settings page: http://www.gamertagnation.com/settings/gamertag/

I have also updated the appearance of locked achievements to make them easier to find. Unlocked achievements will continue to have a green border with a ribbon overlay.
This option would be a little trickier to implement since you have the option to sort achievements by unlock date or sync date for games you've played. Those two sorting options aren't available for games you haven't played so we would need two default sorting options - based on whether or not you've played the game.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
I'd be ok if you didn't include either of the date options and included the others. Personally, I just want a rarity sort. I can't imagine the current sitewide default of Xbox.com Order is something anyone wants..
I'd be ok if you didn't include either of the date options and included the others. Personally, I just want a rarity sort. I can't imagine the current sitewide default of Xbox.com Order is something anyone wants..
I see what you mean. I'll add a default sorting option soon.

Keep in mind - If you choose to sort achievements by rarity, then new games (or those without any players) will then default back to the Xbox.com order. We can't calculate the rarity if no one has played it.

BTW, I've seen some games where the default Xbox.com order might be helpful. It will sometimes follow the order of the story, see any of the Telltale games.
I noticed this thread is marked completed... just checking in to see if a default sort option is still in the works.
I noticed this thread is marked completed... just checking in to see if a default sort option is still in the works.
It was marked complete two months ago:
Status changed from 'Planned' to 'Completed' - You can now configure the default achievements view from the Gamertag Settings page: http://www.gamertagnation.com/settings/gamertag/

I have also updated the appearance of locked achievements to make them easier to find. Unlocked achievements will continue to have a green border with a ribbon overlay.
When Eric completed the initial request of the original poster.
I see what you mean. I'll add a default sorting option soon.
This is what I'm referring to,and I'm hoping it is still going to happen.
This is what I'm referring to,and I'm hoping it is still going to happen.
I understand that, but, notice that the thread was already marked complete BEFORE you and he had that exchange. Perhaps starting a thread specific to your request, so that it could be tracked as its own request would make the most sense, instead of piggy-backing on another.
Thanks for your feedback, futiles. Since Eric already talked about his future plans for it in this thread, I'll wait and see if he responds here.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account