Deleting sent private messages also deleted messages in the inbox.

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

Info Needed
A few days ago i wanted to delete all sent private messages. So i went to "sent items" clicked the select all checkbox and hit delete and i think it also deleted messages in my inbox not just sent messages like i thought 😳
I just did the same with the sent messages on my profile and an alt profile and both accounts still have the received messages. So this is possibly an isolated incident for when Eric looks into it.
I just did the same with the sent messages on my profile and an alt profile and both accounts still have the received messages. So this is possibly an isolated incident for when Eric looks into it.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
I think it only happens if i click the checkmark next to "today" the select all box seems to leave inbox messages intact while the today box has this error.
I sent a test PM to Thijminecraft02 and deleted my sent message within 24 hrs. I only selected my 1 sent message to delete. My inbox was unaffected.
I sent a test PM to Thijminecraft02 and deleted my sent message within 24 hrs. I only selected my 1 sent message to delete. My inbox was unaffected.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Did you click the checkbox next to "today"? I think it only cleared my inbox with that.
Did you click the checkbox next to "today"? I think it only cleared my inbox with that.
Originally Posted by Thijminecraft02
For what it's worth, I clicked the check box next to "Date" which deleted all of my sent messages. I'll send test messages from both profiles and try again.

EDIT: Tried this with both profiles and still wasn't able to recreate it with either profile.
I sent you another test PM to try to duplicate the issue.
I clicked the box for today on my sent PMs which only deleted the 2 PMs I had for today. My Inbox was not effected.

I am doing this from my iMac.
It seems that it does not happen every single time for me. It happened twice.
It seems that it does not happen every single time for me. It happened twice.
Being on Mobile could also be a factor.
Status changed to 'Info Needed' - Marking this as Info Needed for now since we're unable to replicate the issue on our end. I'll reopen this if anyone else experiences this issue or if we're able to replicate it.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account