Best Buy Gamers' Club Unlocked

Deals & Discounts

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

Just got an e-mail from Best Buy, at least one of the new benefits of GCU is 20% off ALL new games.

That isn't just recent releases, but any non used video game in the store and online is now 20%.

I checked, and CoD: Ghosts rings up online for $48 and Minecraft rings up on disc for for $16.

AWESOME!
Yeah was very excited about getting this as well although I just purchased three games in the last few weeks. D'oh!
They may price match. I have had them honor discounts like that.
I will have to try that out also when I find something I want to purchase.
The cost has increased from $16/year to $120/2years, which is a significant increase.

However, I went through my last 10 months of purchases, and it looks like I would have saved about $300-$350 in that period. So, I would already be $180 ahead.
The cost has increased from $16/year to $120/2years, which is a significant increase.

However, I went through my last 10 months of purchases, and it looks like I would have saved about $300-$350 in that period. So, I would already be $180 ahead.
Originally Posted by futiles
Really a price increase? I did not notice that part. So they want $120 up front then, that may not be in my budget then.
Before you just say no, look at what you have spent since Jan 1.

Existing members can extend their membership for $30 for the next 2 years (which is cheaper than the original $16/year), and get you through February-ish 2016 before the $120 kicks in.

It may be worse including in your budget, especially with as much as you buy. Even buying games at $20, that is $6 per game in savings. 20 games in 2 years is the break even point, which is less than 1 game per month...
Before you just say no, look at what you have spent since Jan 1.

Existing members can extend their membership for $30 for the next 2 years (which is cheaper than the original $16/year), and get you through February-ish 2016 before the $120 kicks in.

It may be worse including in your budget, especially with as much as you buy. Even buying games at $20, that is $6 per game in savings. 20 games in 2 years is the break even point, which is less than 1 game per month...
Originally Posted by futiles
$30 bucks is doable for me. I sifted through the reward zone web page and did not find any of this info. My Elite status runs out in Feb 2104 since I am no where near the $3500 they expect me to spend in the store to maintain it.

Did you recently renew, as I could not find any info about extending my Gamer Unlocked Sub on the website.
$30 bucks is doable for me. I sifted through the reward zone web page and did not find any of this info. My Elite status runs out in Feb 2104 since I am no where near the $3500 they expect me to spend in the store to maintain it.

Did you recently renew, as I could not find any info about extending my Gamer Unlocked Sub on the website.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Nope, I renewed in Dec 2012. So, I was due next month. I got an e-mail on Wednesday, saying that I had been extended to February 2014 (to match Elite Status renewal), and that I could extend that to February 2016 for $30. Keep in mind that I am WELL over the $3500 for this year, with 2 months to go. So, it may have been an extension offer only to Elite Plus (I think that is the name for the top tier now) members that are already Gamers Club Unlocked Members. Although, I thought I read on the forum talking about the change that all existing Gamers Club Unlocked Members would be offered the extension. There will still be the free version of the Gamers Club, as well as three tiers to the Rewardzone (as opposed to the old version with just 2).
My little trick is I have Best Buy's Rewards Zone credit card that I use for purchases. Basically any groceries or dinners I pay with that card and then pay it off each month. This does two things: 1) A portion of what's spend goes towards their yearly spending for membership and 2) It deposits rewards zone points into my account for nothing more than using their card to spend what I normally would have just put on my debit card. So most months I'm getting a $5 rewards zone certificate sometimes more.
My little trick is I have Best Buy's Rewards Zone credit card that I use for purchases. Basically any groceries or dinners I pay with that card and then pay it off each month. This does two things: 1) A portion of what's spend goes towards their yearly spending for membership and 2) It deposits rewards zone points into my account for nothing more than using their card to spend what I normally would have just put on my debit card. So most months I'm getting a $5 rewards zone certificate sometimes more.
Originally Posted by roce96
Yeah, that and airline miles are two of the best reasons to use a credit card.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account