Found 39 posts - Go to Last Post

i dunno i just found the endless "kill (x) number of (y) and bring me (a) number of (b)" a bit annoying. i know grinding is a trait of mmos but a bit of story dress up never hurt anyone. ill probably pick the game up again sometime.
Well I was just pointing out the obvious, in that, playing to level 11 of 70 possible levels is hardly giving the game a chance! Big Grin
Originally Posted by Jonny
Now that you put it that way, I can only agree... I can only say that I will try WoW one day, but to be honest, my experience of MMORPGs is limited to F2P like Requiem and FlyFF. I just downloaded Last Chaos and want to give it a try.

My main beef with P2P MMORPGs is subscription fees.
Well I was just pointing out the obvious, in that, playing to level 11 of 70 possible levels is hardly giving the game a chance! Big Grin
I played to 70 then PvP'd and Raided a bit, then thought "what's the point?". So I let my subscription run out without a care in the world.

I just felt that fighting for the sole purpose of getting better gear was pointless, and I'd do better to spend my time doing something fun (like solitaire).
Now that you put it that way, I can only agree... I can only say that I will try WoW one day, but to be honest, my experience of MMORPGs is limited to F2P like Requiem and FlyFF. I just downloaded Last Chaos and want to give it a try.

My main beef with P2P MMORPGs is subscription fees.
Originally Posted by Killak
go to the WoW site and download the 10 day free demo. thats what i did at first.
I played to 70 then PvP'd and Raided a bit, then thought "what's the point?". So I let my subscription run out without a care in the world.

I just felt that fighting for the sole purpose of getting better gear was pointless, and I'd do better to spend my time doing something fun (like solitaire).
Originally Posted by The Archanist
So you missed the point in that end game PvE wasn't about getting gear, but more about overcoming obstacles. :x
So you missed the point in that end game PvE wasn't about getting gear, but more about overcoming obstacles. :x
You kill big monsters that drop good gear so that you can kill bigger monsters that drop better gear so that you can kill even bigger monsters so that you can get even better gear until you get to the biggest monsters that drop the best gear and then you wait for blizzard to release a new dungeon in a update and do it again until the next expansion comes out (repeat as required until your face collapses/you run out of money).

The only "getting over obstacles" is the tactics against certain bosses and those are usually DPS it until it hits a certain health % phase, do some wired stuff like run around or move into not flashing floor, then DPS it some more until it dies/starts another phase.
Hah, if you think it's that easy, then sure, whatever mate. Big Grin

You could say the same about any other game. What makes WoW different is that it brings 25 people together to over-come bosses. Knowing the tactic is one thing, but executing it is entirely different. I've never known such a rush in gaming when your hard work finally pays off, and you see a boss go down for the first time.

Other games, it's usually solo-play or 2/3 mates. Nothing can come close the amount of teamwork required in Warcraft raiding, and that's what makes it special.

Obviously, you have different views, and that's understandable. But when it comes to a game I'm very passionate about, I like to make sure they've actually fully explored the WoW game before passing it off as shit.
that system repeats in all games its just that RPGs in general follow that pattern and make it a bit more obvious so players can feel they achieved something. its what makes some of them appeal to younger gamers. They can see a piece of armour or weapon and work towards and feel great when they get it.
just been to game.co.uk and amazon.co.uk and AoC isn't doing too well on general charts. still seems to be struggling against GTA. I know that the fees will have something to do with it and maybe the power of the PC but for a game that seemed so hyped... suppose like most MMOs itll get members through time.
Of course it's going to be struggling against GTA IV, the game has a much bigger audience than AoC. Every so called "gangster" and thug is going to buy GTA IV, as well as gamers who enjoyed the previous games. You can't blame AoC for not beating GTA IV, as GTA has the wider audience hands down. We'll have to wait for next year, see if it's beaten WoW in it's opening year.
well if the new expansion for WoW doesnt show and the gamers have the cash then they might migrate. maybe some of the hardcore WoW players will move over for the next challenge. I think (once in gets to 360) that liking pc/360 is quite an achievement seeing as its only been done a few times. FFXI outdoes it in the fact its ps2/pc/360 linked but AoC on ps2 would be pointless...PS3 would be a good addition. Think of the player count then!

and this came up just after posting the above

Gamertag Nation - Update on the Conan PvP Fiasco [Griefal Profiling]
IGN: Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures Review

an update. no real review yet but i doubt theyll do that until they reach the top
i must say that after not playing for 6/7 months returning to WoW with a more casual approach isnt that bad. might get the expansion to play as a Blood Elf but when i get my own system.
Age of Conan another MMORPG that cannot compete with WoW (sadly). It is really nothing much of Eye-Candy -- it gets very boring Frown
It has more of a story but WoW just seemed to appeal to everyone, even me and i wasnt really into MMOs and that kind of thing. I'm giving Conan a try though. Out of all the MMOs that have been released since WoW this one seems to be the only one that has more potential. It won't beat WoW thats for sure but once everyone has maxed out thier character this could be another one to work on.
Ive been playing through some quests today and some of the combos you can ull off are quite brutal withall the blood flowing everywhere. Only annoying thing is that the level for certain quests seem to jump a bit. I was level 7 but to do all my current ones i have to be around 10. But there are plently of quests aand places around the area to have a look at.

Its also really fun to see a massive fight break out in a city beyween players and city guards. The game is also in a constant state of Player vs Player which can be slightly annoying as youll be questing and get killed by someone whose a higher level (as always) than you but its still a fun game. Much different to WoW and refreshing in a way.
There is now a free 1 week trial of the game available at FREE 7 DAY TRIAL - Age Of Conan. I know it seems a bt late but even im installing the updates to see if its any better. apparently it is but the player base is seriously low. I hope funcom can bring it back but unless they start making some noise through marketing and letting game sites see the improvements i dont see it happening. its a shame as this game was trying something new especially with the mmo genre. time will tell. and so will i once its updated.
Got an email from Funcom giving me a free 14 days reevaluation period. I must actually say I'm impressed. The game runs much smoother and DX10 has finally been utilised. There are also new areas to explore and an expansion pack planned. For the first time there are actually positive comments in the chatboxes in-game and it is finally getting some decent coverage and recognition. Hopefully Craig Morrison (new(ish) exec. producer) will bring out the game's true potenital.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account