Sneak a peek at the future by participating in the GTN 7.0 beta program.

General Chat

Found 23 posts - Go to Last Post

It isn't wildly different, and there are a number of bugs which need addressing (such as the WYSIWYG editor buttons for colours and the search box in collections), so don't worry - you're not missing much. It looks a bit nicer and the buttons are clearer, but it's not a major leap so far.

And still no developer or publisher information for games, so you can't quickly filter a list based on those criteria.
I mean, if someone wants to be in the beta, donate to the site...

Otherwise, you get to be in the beta called "release"
It isn't wildly different, and there are a number of bugs which need addressing (such as the WYSIWYG editor buttons for colours and the search box in collections), so don't worry - you're not missing much. It looks a bit nicer and the buttons are clearer, but it's not a major leap so far.

And still no developer or publisher information for games, so you can't quickly filter a list based on those criteria.
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
Thanks i wait
I mean, if someone wants to be in the beta, donate to the site...

Otherwise, you get to be in the beta called "release"
Originally Posted by futiles
Exactly this. If you are looking to get the badge then donate for a month.
Exactly this. If you are looking to get the badge then donate for a month.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Then why does the badge description say that the beta will be available to everyone soon if there's no intention of allowing non-donating members to acquire the badge?
Then why does the badge description say that the beta will be available to everyone soon if there's no intention of allowing non-donating members to acquire the badge?
Originally Posted by Dvader83
Eric would need to clarify that as he has not shared his timeline with us. This is what the badge says:

" This limited-time only badge is available during the GTN 7.0 beta program. Available to Premium subscribers on May 16th, 2023. Available to all soon. "

That last bit can just mean that GTN 7.0 will be available to all when it's live, not necessarily the badge. Again Eric would need to clarify that.
Eric would need to clarify that as he has not shared his timeline with us. This is what the badge says:

" This limited-time-only badge is available during the GTN 7.0 beta program. Available to Premium subscribers on May 16th, 2023. Available to all soon. "

That last bit can just mean that GTN 7.0 will be available to all when it's live, not necessarily the badge. Again Eric would need to clarify that.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Then that last bit shouldn't have been included if the badge for the beta wasn't going to be available to non-subscribers, because it's rather misleading.
Then that last bit shouldn't have been included if the badge for the beta wasn't going to be available to non-subscribers, because it's rather misleading.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
I would agree so Eric would have to clarify.
He isn't saying the badge is available to all soon...

It is a limited time only badge, the badge is only available to premium members who take part in the beta.

GTN7 will be available to all soon. Not the badge.
I would be premium member if it didn't require PayPal.
Im a premium subscriber and I see no option anywhere to join the beta, is it for select subscribers or does a premium member need to request to be in the beta?

Edit: Found it at the bottom right corner of the page! Looks and operates good so far!
Last edited 08-28-2023 at 02:56 AM by Sim31.
Originally Posted by Snappleback
Why?

Confused
I use PayPal anywhere I can. Your payments are protected, it's easy to cancel subscriptions, and you have buyer protection in case you're scammed.
Im a premium subscriber and I see no option anywhere to join the beta, is it for select subscribers or does a premium member need to request to be in the beta?

Edit: Found it at the bottom right corner of the page! Looks and operates good so far!
Originally Posted by Sim31
Welcome Sim!
Why?

Confused
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
I canceled my PayPal and don't plan on coming back.

I'm surprised the site doesn't have Google pay or apple pay. Even a simple CC option would suffice.
I canceled my PayPal and don't plan on coming back.

I'm surprised the site doesn't have Google pay or apple pay. Even a simple CC option would suffice.
Not to argue for or against the merits of PayPal (there are legit issues to NOT want to use it, I get that), but, does GTN not allow the use of the PayPal interface as a guest to make a CC payment? (I have never been a premium subscriber here, so, I honestly do not know the process.)

I think we have Achievement Fest setup that way, to allow for people to still make CC payments, even though we go through the PayPal interface.
Looks like the description of the badge was updated, and maybe there is something at the bottom of your page...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account