Which Halo do you think was the golden age of xbox live.

Gaming Chat

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

Halo which marked the golden age of xbox live

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 1 (4.35%) Halo:Combat Evolved

× 8 (34.78%) Halo 2

× 10 (43.48%) Halo 3

× 2 (8.70%) Halo 4

× 0 (0%) Halo Guardians

× 0 (0%) Halo Infinite

× 2 (8.70%) Halo Reach

• Added 11-19-2023 11:53 PM
  • 23 votes
Just a poll question that I was thinking about. For me I think the golden age of xbox live was with Halo 2 and around 2005-2007.
Even though it's not a Halo game, I'd say when Call of Duty 4 was released in 2007, that's when Xbox Live really took off.
None. Halo 2 (the first one on Xbox Live) was the game that made mass use of Xbox Live annoying. Prior to H2, I never had a screaming kid in my ear, I never had someone try to use inappropriate slang, never heard any racism/sexism/insert hate speech here on Xbox Live. So, no Halo game was the "Golden Age of Xbox Live."

Mass appeal games mean the masses appear, and people are terrible.
Halo 3 for me, although you forgot Reach in your poll.

I always have voice chat muted, and if I play with friends I have party chat enabled.

Therefore never had a problem with the screaming kids Smile
Halo 3 for me, although you forgot Reach in your poll.

I always have voice chat muted, and if I play with friends I have party chat enabled.

Therefore never had a problem with the screaming kids Smile
Originally Posted by C64 Mat
All of that you talk about, did not exist when Halo 2 hit XBL...
Sorry about not adding reach to the poll. This was my first poll and thanks for the clarificaiton of the xbox live era. Sometimes my brain get's confused when I think of the good ol days.
Halo Reach has now been added to the pole.
I still think Halo 2 marked the peak of Halo success... the amount of publicity received was unbelievable, the tattoo Peter Moore got was really crazy. I know Halo ODST was not the big hit everyone expected but maybe you should add it to the option list, my favorite game by far... that jazzy feel throughout the game is really special.
Halo 2 introduced Xbox Live matchmaking, which allowed players to easily find and join multiplayer matches with others around the world. It popularized the concept of competitive online multiplayer and introduced features like party chat, voice communication, and leaderboards. The game's robust online multiplayer experience, combined with its compelling single-player campaign, made it a massive hit and a defining title for the Xbox Live service. Candy Crush
Halo 2 introduced Xbox Live matchmaking, which allowed players to easily find and join multiplayer matches with others around the world. It popularized the concept of competitive online multiplayer and introduced features like party chat, voice communication, and leaderboards. The game's robust online multiplayer experience, combined with its compelling single-player campaign, made it a massive hit and a defining title for the Xbox Live service. Candy Crush
Originally Posted by kanain0410
Excellent Summation. Prior to this me and my cousins would be running Halo: CE on two original Xboxes for local multiplayer. I don't remember exactly why but two of use would be in the garage with our setup.
Anyone here experience playing on the original xbox servers again. I heard about some people doing this on youtube.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account