"Next Badge" on User Dashboard showing already completed badges

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

On my personal dashboard, the "Next Badge" shows Enthusiast, which I unlocked quite some time ago. I think this should exclude already unlocked badges.
I have screenshots that I am trying to add as attachments, but that isn't working. :-( Maybe that's another bug? They are JPG files under the 97Kb limit.
I have screenshots that I am trying to add as attachments, but that isn't working. :-( Maybe that's another bug? They are JPG files under the 97Kb limit.
Originally Posted by jeffmomm
In order to post images you need to host them somewhere. You can also try posting them on the discord server too.
On my personal dashboard, the "Next Badge" shows Enthusiast, which I unlocked quite some time ago. I think this should exclude already unlocked badges.
Which badge are you having an issue with? Is it the Visit the site badges?
I think it just shows the lowest badge based on your streak by default. Mine currently shows the Enthusiest III (even though I earned in in 2015) as my current streak is 47 days.
Thanks for looking at this, guys. I am not having an issue with a specific badge, but rather the "Next Badge" feature on the dashboard. I think for me I found it very confusing when it says "Next Badge" and it shows one I already completed. I would expect this to show the locked badge I am closest to unlocking. If that can't be done, I would argue the feature should be removed. I actually thought something had been broken and I lost my badge because of the way the dashboard looked.

(Images removed because it looked like maybe I shared more than I wanted to.)

If that feature is meant to be specific to the Enthusiast badge group, then maybe it can check to see if the user has the highest one and put a Congratulations or something? I dunno - I just found it very confusing.
Thanks for looking at this, guys. I am not having an issue with a specific badge, but rather the "Next Badge" feature on the dashboard. I think for me I found it very confusing when it says "Next Badge" and it shows one I already completed. I would expect this to show the locked badge I am closest to unlocking. If that can't be done, I would argue the feature should be removed. I actually thought something had been broken and I lost my badge because of the way the dashboard looked.

(Images removed because it looked like maybe I shared more than I wanted to.)

If that feature is meant to be specific to the Enthusiast badge group, then maybe it can check to see if the user has the highest one and put a Congratulations or something? I dunno - I just found it very confusing.
I'm fairly certain that the Enthusiast badge group is the only one it shows as I know of no way to change it to another badge (it's also a relatively recent addition), but I suspect that it simply moves through the streak badges from the lowest to the highest as users pass each badge threshold regardless of whether or not the earlier badge is broken; I also suspect that when it was set up, broken streaks weren't taken into account. But this is all a guess; perhaps when Eric has an opportunity to read this, he'll chime in and let us know Smile
OK, I see that as well now too. Looks like this was added specifically for the Enthusiast badges according to the Changelog below by Eric.

Added a tracker for the Enthusiast series of badges to the Dashboard.
08-03-2022 11:15 PM

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account