Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post

So I've pre ordered destiny off of amazon so I can acquire a beta code, which has still not arrived, I spoke to customer services on amazon and they told me it would be released within a couple of weeks, but I'm hearing stories that some people have already got there's?
has anyone else already got there codes or even know the date of beta release?
I know the full game is in September I think the 14th for the uk.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Let me look.
I haven't herd of any beta at all for this, I wonder if this will be like Defiance then? Whitch BTW goes free to play soon.
I followed the link Moth provided - looks interesting. I see developers doing this a lot more often nowadays... it sort of concerns me - why are we playing out the bugs? I thought that was part of the development process? About 10 years ago, I was beta testing games in actual studios pre-release. We had to sign up, get selected, and travel to the studio to do so.
I followed the link Moth provided - looks interesting. I see developers doing this a lot more often nowadays... it sort of concerns me - why are we playing out the bugs? I thought that was part of the development process? About 10 years ago, I was beta testing games in actual studios pre-release. We had to sign up, get selected, and travel to the studio to do so.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Yea but 10 years ago there wasn't as much massive online play and I think that's what's being tested. I prefer a beta test, so that when final product does ship its not broken day one....um EA anyone?
I think it works both ways for players and developers, the players get a head start and an early look at the game, and the devs get people testing their game for free and reporting bugs, for me I think its an awesome idea, means earlier release dates and a better overall game, I mean who is better to report bugs and suggest changes than the people who want to play the game?
I think it also means that with all these next generation games especially with the multiplayer orientated games they need a larger beta testing "group" as there are going to be so many more bugs ... that's just my opinion though! lol Smile
have yall noticed beta testers dont get paid anymore we used to get paid to play but they want u do test 4 free now
have yall noticed beta testers dont get paid anymore we used to get paid to play but they want u do test 4 free now
Originally Posted by chunky meconium
Well I'm sure the real beta testers (I mean the ones listed in the credits) do get paid or some fringe benefit of an early copy of the game or something.. but this is pretty smart to let the public grab a taste of what's coming down the line and they feel special because they get the early access...and the debs keep more money for themselves..
i used to test alot of ps2 games back in the mid 90s n they would give me credit to buy 1 new game every 3 months
Bungie's Jason Jones Gives You A 7-Minute Destiny Walkthrough

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/de...lkthrough.aspx
My wife got a random alpha code on the PS4... unfortunately it had expired when we noticed..

Looking forward to the beta
Up until this past E3 I had only a mild curiosity for Destiny. Now that they showed more story stuff, and there will obviously be a campaign, I am much more interested.
Up until this past E3 I had only a mild curiosity for Destiny. Now that they showed more story stuff, and there will obviously be a campaign, I am much more interested.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Had the same fears myself, had this feeling they were going to go all Titanfall with it or something.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account