(You may not vote on this poll)

× 3 (11.54%) Increasing My Gamerscore

× 7 (26.92%) Completing Games

× 4 (15.38%) GTN Badges

× 6 (23.08%) Tackling My Backlog

× 6 (23.08%) Just Going to Wing It

• Added 01-01-2024 04:32 PM
  • 26 votes
With the start of a new year, what will be your gaming focus?

GTN Badges for me, I will be attempting the "We're Going Streaking VII" Badge. So a 365 day achievement streak.
Last edited 01-01-2024 at 04:36 PM by MarvzMitts.
Mine basically the same as last year. Beat 50 games, hopefully more from my collection than Game Pass. Also try to average 3 viewers a stream with my erratic streaming schedule on Twitch.
I'm just going to see what happens, as I've managed to get the 365-day streak badge, and I was hoping to focus on completing some of the games I had previously started. Either that or whittling down some of the backlog of ~200 games I've acquired.
Because I am more focused on steam. retroachivments, and my psn account. My focus on this website is earning those badges. The main one I plan to focus on this year is logging in for a whole year. I have been doing well with that on gamefaqs and have this site bookmared to log into everyday at least once.
I honestly only really play when the mood strikes me these days, so it's not that often. Lol
As I always say, if streaking badges are important to you, help yourself out by posting a note on your feed every day to ensure it locks in.
Because I am more focused on steam. retroachivments, and my psn account. My focus on this website is earning those badges. The main one I plan to focus on this year is logging in for a whole year. I have been doing well with that on gamefaqs and have this site bookmared to log into everyday at least once.
Originally Posted by hello8964
Set your browser to launch with multiple tab homepages, and set this webpage as one of the secondary tabs as that tab's start page. That would mean every time you launch that browser, you launch GTN, and should automatically log in, but also, will be a single click to check.
That is exactly what I do. I always make sure I log onto this website at least once a day. I remember back in the day going for microsoft points and it was a lot of fun. But becasue I had no system in place I stopped caring and ended up not getting as many awards points!
This is the year I begin to give up stats. Don't get me wrong, I have never had wildly impressive stats but I have played far too many games long past the point that I enjoyed them for the sake of a completion. I have also avoided games all together that I might have enjoyed due to not wanting to commit to the completion. Last year I started bailing on the statistics a bit and this year I am making a conscious effort to ignore them all around. Moving back to the PS2 era of gaming when I played what I wanted, when I wanted, for as long as I wanted, and quit when I stopped having fun! Honestly, not an easy shift to make.
Have fun going back to the ps2 era and what are some of your favorite games on the ps2. My favorite were games in the ace combat series.
Have fun going back to the ps2 era and what are some of your favorite games on the ps2. My favorite were games in the ace combat series.
Way of the Samurai
Mark of Kri
Rise of the Kosai

That's it... Those are the only games I really played on PS2.
Way of the Samurai
Mark of Kri
Rise of the Kosai

That's it... Those are the only games I really played on PS2.
Originally Posted by futiles
Sounds like you are a samurai game fan!
I've only ever played a little bit of Champions of Norrath and an even smaller bit of Final Fantasy X on
PS2.
This year I want to focus on my achievements completion percentage
by going after games I've started but never really dove into. Stuff that
I managed to get an achievement or two on and then left it by the wayside.
Sounds like you are a samurai game fan!
Mark of Kri and Rise of the Kosai were actually just stealth action games, they had an Asian flair to the theme, but, were not really "Samurai" games. Way of the Samurai was excellent, it was a short game (only a few hours, but, each time you played, you were basically a NG+ and weapons and such carried over, to allow you to get different endings. However, if you died or lost an item in a play, it was lost on the save, and you had to go recollect it.
Ah, sorry! I probably wasn't clear there with what I meant. I am not going back to PS2 games (although there are a handful on PS+ I am interested in! Twisted Metal 2, Jet Moto, Syphon Filter, etc) but more my mindset back in the PS2 days. I didn't care about statistics, completions, or anything like that. Just played for pure fun. That is what I want to get back to! But with current gen games.
I just hit 82% overall completion after Halo MCC and Sea of Thieves knocked me down to below 80%. Not sure if I’ll ever hit 83% but I’d like to try.

Also have some very attainable completions lingering in the backlog that I’d like to tackle. And some more badges would be nice too!
Ah, sorry! I probably wasn't clear there with what I meant. I am not going back to PS2 games (although there are a handful on PS+ I am interested in! Twisted Metal 2, Jet Moto, Syphon Filter, etc) but more my mindset back in the PS2 days. I didn't care about statistics, completions, or anything like that. Just played for pure fun. That is what I want to get back to! But with current gen games.
Originally Posted by BigTymer2047
That's how I took it the first time around.
Originally Posted by BigTymer2047
That is how I have always been. Just look at my 100% Finished Percentage...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account