Best Show on TV Right Now

Entertainment

Found 23 posts - Go to Last Post

Despite the writers strike, there's a large number of competent shows on TV right now. At least that's my opinion anyway.

So which show do you think is the best TV show on right now?

My favorite is a toss up between South Park, Weeds, Penn and Teller: Bullshit, and The Office. Though I have to say, unofficially for now, my favorite is Weeds on Showtime. Come on, a show about mary jane and suburban life (if you can say that). I'm only in season 2 but I'm deeply in love with it already.

And yes, I need to watch Lost. I know, I know.
No you don't. Apparently, lost is a steaming pile of crap with no direction... apparently... I have little time for TV myself, and I dont even have a TV in switzerland right now...
i'd normally just watch 24 but its held until next year. and to be honest the only reason i watch that is cos ive just been a long term fan. i normally just get dvds/ box sets.
What about lost... why does everyone say it'sso bad?
because the people on the island are being chased by shadows. plus its made by the guys who made Alias and that went from ok to bad to awful just like lost. they start as dramas then go into sci fi which annoys everyone.
my favorite is Weeds on Showtime. Come on, a show about mary jane and suburban life (if you can say that). I'm only in season 2 but I'm deeply in love with it already.
Originally Posted by Eric

Ah-HA! I told you so. The show is phenomenal. Season 3 is nothing but twists...spent a whole day watching season 3 because I couldn't stop.
Weeds is good fun. I love Dexter, as well. But I haven't watched either much on TV. I just watch the DVDs later. Same goes for Heroes, The Office.

I won't watch Lost until they finish it. I hate shows that have no defining beginning-middle- end season to season, without cliffhangers and all that bullshit. A little mystery to be left for later seasons is fine, but you never know if a show is gonna get pulled due to ratings. I'd hate to get into it and them never get off the island and it have no ending.
Never seen Heroes, but heard a lot about it... and seen quite a bit of the Office... the original one that is....
I just finished season 3 of Weeds and can't wait until season 4 premieres this summer. As for Heroes.. I've heard mostly good things about it so I may check it out next. I don't know if I have the time to sit down and watch all of the Lost episodes.
Hey, eric... what on earth is Weeds?
It's a dark comedy about a soccer mom that sells weed.
i had to watch House yesterday. was sooooo crap. he's just trying to to be dr cox but with little bit of detective thrown in. bbbllleeuuuurrgghhh.
HOUSE? Isn't that the really shit thingy that Shonen and Turkey were always on about at FFR? Sounded kinda lame, if you ask me... For any medical shit, Scrubs will always make my day.
yeah it was that show. bekah and her sisters wanted to see it be fore the butterfly effect.
yeah it was that show. bekah and her sisters wanted to see it be fore the butterfly effect.
Originally Posted by Blank Planet
Wait a tick... what were you doing with bekah and her sisters? And why hasn't Pandy beheaded you?
HOUSE? Isn't that the really shit thingy that Shonen and Turkey were always on about at FFR? Sounded kinda lame, if you ask me... For any medical shit, Scrubs will always make my day.
Originally Posted by Killak
On the subject of "medical shit", I was into Grey's Anatomy for awhile. That sounds dirty, but it's actually a pretty intense show. My girlfriend was a fanatic and had some boxsets. It was hard not to get into the show after watching it.
Wait a tick... what were you doing with bekah and her sisters? And why hasn't Pandy beheaded you?
cos we were all there, me, andreas, chris, mark , bekah, ruth, the jewelery man
The jewelry man? You haven't gone all bling bling on me, have you....

and I've never seen Grey's anatomy, Eric... is it any good? as in, any further details you can give us?
no i actually havent. GA looks a lot like scrubs. scrubs even take the piss out of it in one ep.
The jewelry man? You haven't gone all bling bling on me, have you....

and I've never seen Grey's anatomy, Eric... is it any good? as in, any further details you can give us?
Grey's Anatomy is far from where Scrubs is. In fact, they're two completely different shows. Scrubs is a comedy, whereas Grey's is a drama. If you like Weeds, you'd probably like Grey's Anatomy too. Though, I will be honest in saying Grey's is much more popular among women. You can make your conclusions from there. Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account