Your Operating System Of Choice

Tech & Electronics

Found 23 posts - Go to Last Post

We all use computers, right? I know I don't. Anyway, what's your favorite operating system of choice? We all know about the famous Apple vs. Microsoft (Mac vs PC) battle, so let's light the fires and join in the war!

What's it gonna be? PC, Mac, Linux, orrr Mind Control? Big Grin
Lol... I've always preferred PC man... Macs are wierd to me...

I'm a computer Luddite myself, so I'm not that great with normal PCs, let alone macs..

And I've NEVER used a Linux... dont even know what it's like...
For me its microsoft. To me though Apple is like the Wii of computers. Its just a fashion accessory, it looks cool but its only good to have in numbers. A new Dell is £349 ish if i remember, New mac Starts at £800. Starts. im happy with windows xp.
Another point, Agreed.. .price is definitely a factor.
i must admi that iMacs look cool but for that price...it doesnt eveb play games....aart form warcraft and a select few others like...like ....like.....oh there arent any! what a shame! thenafter that you still have to buy all the office programes and bleeeuurrgghhh makes me sick when people show them off.
The price of PCs have me hooked. I'm huge on budgeting so if it works (most of the time Wink) then I am set. Plus I've grown up using PCs so switching over to a Mac would be quite the change. Yes, I am stubborn. :cheers:
I'd like to get a Mac, but unless I get super rich.. PC is the way I flow.
I know what you mean Eric... I wouldn't even know how to use a Mac... foreign things...

O_O
EXACTLY! How the hell do you use a single mouse button?! For a computer... sometimes I think two aren't enough... and they have ONE?!
well theres abtton near to where your thumb is but i dunno what it does....
Really? does it... self destruct the Mac so you have to get another one that has the "faulty problem fixed", only to have the same thing happen.

rinse repeat... they can make MILLIONS... O_O
I use an iMac, and it is great. Plus, I can run windows in it as well.
then why not have saved money just getting windows? or did you need the mac?
Originally Posted by thaskizz
I'm guessing you have a dual operating system, eh, Sasuke?
Originally Posted by thaskizz
I am definitely jealous. I feel like I'd have a hard time getting used to the Mac interface so if it can boot up Windows, I'm all for it. Are you using Mac Parallels to run Windows and Mac together?
My next computer will probably be a Powerbook Pro, can't go wrong IMO. But I definately love Linux, Arch or Slackware to be infact Smile. I really enjoy 'creating' my experience and really the only way I can do that is with *nix or *bsd.
hopefully ill get my new Alienware mid july. it just takes time to be made and shipped. I was looking at Macs but for me its just not worth it as the programs are different and i dont want to risk losing work ive done already in Word and getting the Mac edition would be a waste . Plus the AW has better specs for a bit more money and can be customised in pretty much every area where as Macs have three options and little customisation.
I'm a gamer so naturally I've always preferred a PC. However, I'm getting into film editing and with university coming up quickly for me, I'm thinking it's becoming a wise idea to invest in a Macbook, it's better at that sort of thing.
PC all the way for me, I'm just not a fan of Macintosh.

No matter how nice it looks, a Mac will never, ever, run Crysis.

Or not for at least a few years.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account