Who is playing?
What team are you on?
What level are you?
How many unique Pokémon have you caught?
What device(s) are you using?

I am, team red (Valor?). Level 16. Caught 59, seen 59. Playing on both an iPhone 5s (I hate) and a Lenovo Tab 2 10" (I love).

My wife and son were disappointed when we realized that Apple doesn't put GPS into WiFi only iPads, but, were then happy when I came home with two 7" Android tablets that run it. We are all red, they are both around level 7. I take a gym, and then level it up enough to let them both join in.
I want it, but it is unavailable on Windows Phone and I only have a WP.
Originally Posted by Musquito
The good news is that it sounds like that might change! I know I will be happy, I would much rather play on my Lumia 950XL than my iPhone 5s.

Not sure how long, but, instead of the usual "No Comment" or "Nothing at this time" speak from Microsoft, when asked about Pokémon Go, representatives have said that they "are exploring all options" to bring it to the platform.
That's why I switched back to iPhone last year...the horrific marketplace on WP.

Didn't pick a team when starting the game, assuming I could do it later but I have yet to figure out how to join one after declining the original invitation.
I downloaded it yesterday but have only caught a little over 30 (18 unique).
Using iPhone 6
That's why I switched back to iPhone last year...the horrific marketplace on WP.

Didn't pick a team when starting the game, assuming I could do it later but I have yet to figure out how to join one after declining the original invitation.
I downloaded it yesterday but have only caught a little over 30 (18 unique).
Using iPhone 6
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
You cannot actually pick a team until Level 5. At level 5, go to any gym, no matter what team, and you will get a run down of each team, and your opportunity to select one of them. You then pick Red, and live a happy life. Easy-peasy.
I just don't get the craze....
Originally Posted by dieselv2
Have you tried it? I think the sheer level of mass interaction at every major local public art space is pretty amazing. If nothing else, it satisfies the in-game collectible OCD element many gamers suffer from on a real-life global scale. Also, being able to party, again in real life, with family and friends to literally quest across town to conquer goals and endpoints, establishing your dominance.

I mean, it is like a textbook definition of what video gamers want in a game, with actual real world interactions that many board gamers crave.

*EDIT* - Now, like any good MMO (cause, that is what we are talking about, the MMO of all MMOs), soloing sucks, and if you have no group, it will be a struggle to get into. But, that being said, I went out to the square the other night alone, and found a half dozen other reds to group with and take over the area gyms.
I'm in the sake boat as Musquito. I looked for it oh my Kindle Fire with no luck. I did download it to my iPod Touch, but that apparently doesn't have goo GPS. I have friends who rave about it and if like to try it at least, to see if you want to keep playing it with them. I really do like the idea of the social aspect of the game and the idea that you actually go outside and move around.
No achievements so no play for me. As odd as that may be that's my view these days. The missus is absolutely obsessed with it though.
Valor
Level 15
54 of 56
Kind of ODed today scouting my area... Not seeing a large mass of people gathering in my area. I've heard of one or two, but I'm to far away.

I did find a nice spot with 4 Pokestops on top of each other. A couple guys dropped lures on all of them, that was sweet.
If it gets released (no pun intended) for the WP then I'll probably get it to play with my daughter, we go out all the time to help her catch them. There is a street here that has like 15 different poke stops so we walk it in the morning to to load her up on stuff and then drive down it nice and slow at night, because it's not so nice at night. Right now we're headed out to the lake to walk around.
In the same boat as Musquito, only own WPs (and a really, really old android which can hardly handle being turned on Smile ). I'll have a go at it as soon as it hits the WP marketplace (if that ever happens).
Valor
Level 15
54 of 56
Kind of ODed today scouting my area... Not seeing a large mass of people gathering in my area. I've heard of one or two, but I'm to far away.

I did find a nice spot with 4 Pokestops on top of each other. A couple guys dropped lures on all of them, that was sweet.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
We all caught a Snorlax today at the Whataburger. Then we took a gym as a family, and all left out Snorlaxi.
I hope if it gets release on windows phone, it contains achievements. Stick Out Tongue
I hope if it gets release on windows phone, it contains achievements. Stick Out Tongue
even if it came out on WP, achievements there will be no
even if it came out on WP, achievements there will be no
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
Yup, unless MS and Nintendo actually started playing nice and this would be HUGE news in the gaming world.

Btw what is a Kabuto? My daughter just caught one? I only know the majority of the first Pokemon and not the expansion stuff and I don't recognize this one at all, also is this game adding every Pokemon or just sticking to the base/originals or does the catching of Kabuto mean they are releasing newer Pokemon?
I'm currently level 24 and I've caught 94 different Pokemon. I'm Team Instinct and helping lead a team at work. We already had probably 20 active Ingress players, but now for Pokemon we are closer to 100.

I have made a spreadsheet to help people on my team, but anyone can look at it if they like...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Only my team can edit it though. And B8, Kabuto is one of the original 150 Pokemon (listed in my doc) and I've never seen one so it's likely pretty rare. Different areas have some difference, for instance here in VA I rarely saw Psyducks, but in Hawaii I got tons of them (enough to level 3 of them into Golducks).
I'm currently level 24 and I've caught 94 different Pokemon. I'm Team Instinct and helping lead a team at work. We already had probably 20 active Ingress players, but now for Pokemon we are closer to 100.

I have made a spreadsheet to help people on my team, but anyone can look at it if they like...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Only my team can edit it though. And B8, Kabuto is one of the original 150 Pokemon (listed in my doc) and I've never seen one so it's likely pretty rare. Different areas have some difference, for instance here in VA I rarely saw Psyducks, but in Hawaii I got tons of them (enough to level 3 of them into Golducks).
Originally Posted by Kaens
Cool, thanks for the info, been a long time since I played Pokemon, I had Pokemon Red..if that tells you anything.. So you can infact evolve your Pokemon? Does evolving them then give you them as counted as being caught?

I've also heard of the location (restriction?) as I have heard that if you go to large bodies of water ie. Lake/oceans you'll get more wager based Pokemon, we were on the hunt for a Gyrados..lol.

One ore quick question, Is there a way to trade your captured Pokemon,like they did via link cable for Red and Blue? Like maybe at a gym or a pokestop?
Cool, thanks for the info, been a long time since I played Pokemon, I had Pokemon Red..if that tells you anything.. So you can infact evolve your Pokemon? Does evolving them then give you them as counted as being caught?

I've also heard of the location (restriction?) as I have heard that if you go to large bodies of water ie. Lake/oceans you'll get more wager based Pokemon, we were on the hunt for a Gyrados..lol.

One ore quick question, Is there a way to trade your captured Pokemon,like they did via link cable for Red and Blue? Like maybe at a gym or a pokestop?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Evolving does count as catching them in your Pokedex.

I know people that got a Gyrados at a pond I like to go hunt magikarp at. It's small enough to skip a stone across so I think all that matters is the map shows you next to water.

Trading and 1on1 battles will come in the future, not in game yet.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account