Block multiple/repeated Friend Requests

Feature Requests

Found 35 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed
If someone sends me a friend request, I don't care, I just mark it as no, and move on. However, if that same person sends me another request, I would like to have the option to not just say no, but, block future friend requests. I am not saying block the person entirely, block all messages and comments and forum posts, just that after the second no, I should be able to put at least a small wall up around me that keeps that from happening again.

Can we get this, please?
Yeah maybe handle it like LinkedIn does where you don't say "no" to a request, you "ignore" the request. Then the request is put to the side and since there is already one outstanding it shows up as pending on the senders list, preventing them from re-sending .
why be on a site with people on it are you that anti social
block all messages and comments and forum posts
Can we get this, please?
Originally Posted by futiles
Just reiterating a request.
Originally Posted by Myuseru Foaran
Perhaps he's being harassed by a particular user. Should he not be allowed to be on "a site with people" if he doesn't want someone specific to be able to view his feed, send him messages, or generally bother him at all?
Maybe I don't need to interact with people that I have a negative opinion of...
Maybe I don't need to interact with people that I have a negative opinion of...
As you may have realized by now, dealing with negative people also takes humility. The fact that you find it difficult to deal with others’ negativity suggests that there is a seed of negativity in you. If you didn’t feel constricted or deflated by others’ negativity—if you were fully secure in how you view yourself—you wouldn’t find the company of negative people to be aversive. Realizing that you have to work on fixing your own negativity even as you are helping another person deal with their negativity will help you gain the compassion, positivity, and maturity that is needed for this tricky, but ultimately satisfying, endeavor.
As you may have realized by now, dealing with negative people also takes humility. The fact that you find it difficult to deal with others’ negativity suggests that there is a seed of negativity in you. If you didn’t feel constricted or deflated by others’ negativity—if you were fully secure in how you view yourself—you wouldn’t find the company of negative people to be aversive. Realizing that you have to work on fixing your own negativity even as you are helping another person deal with their negativity will help you gain the compassion, positivity, and maturity that is needed for this tricky, but ultimately satisfying, endeavor.
Sorry, you should re-read my post. I said nothing of negative people. I said people of which I have a negative opinion. I am sorry your feelings are hurt that I have declined your friend invite twice. But, I am not your friend. I do not know you. And I see no reason to accept a friend request from someone I am not friends with, and whom I do not know.
Play nice you two.
The justification for futiles' requests don't necessarily matter, as he's still allowed to make them.
futiles is the opposite of anti social as he posts quite a bit here. Futes just wants to be friends with certain people and there is nothing wrong with that. don't get butt hurt as he has declined my request in the past as well and he actually posted something similar right after I sent multiple requests. I apologized to him for sending him friend requests and I left it alone. no big deal. just because futiles is not your friend doesn't mean you cant conversate with him in the forums but be careful because he bites. lol Smile
I can agree that if you don't want people to be friends with since you don't know them or care about them, it would cause you less time in rejecting the requests every time you get one, sorry because I believe I sent you a request possibly more than once (going for the friends badge) sorry. So is there a way to piggy back on this so that the sender can see that they have already sent a request, not pending say after its rejected so just going to their page may have some recognition that it was sent. That would help anyone going for friend badges to keep from harassing someone.
I can agree that if you don't want people to be friends with since you don't know them or care about them, it would cause you less time in rejecting the requests every time you get one, sorry because I believe I sent you a request possibly more than once (going for the friends badge) sorry. So is there a way to piggy back on this so that the sender can see that they have already sent a request, not pending say after its rejected so just going to their page may have some recognition that it was sent. That would help anyone going for friend badges to keep from harassing someone.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
I agree, going for the badge you may forget that you had sent a request, it may have been turned down and not remembering you had already sent one send a 2nd unwanted request.

...and I have know futiles in the forums for many years and he has declined my request also.
Status changed from 'Planned' to 'Started' - I plan on rolling out a block list feature later today. This will enable you to block specific users from posting comments on your profile, sending you private messages and friend requests, and hide their posts in the forums.
Status changed from 'Planned' to 'Started' - I plan on rolling out a block list feature later today. This will enable you to block specific users from posting comments on your profile, sending you private messages and friend requests, and hide their posts in the forums.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
One thousand hand jobs for you, sir.

But not all at once.. The chaffing...
Awesome, Thanks
When this goes live, can we please, please, please, please, please have a policy, posted clearly in the forums in a stickied thread that states that you cannot talk about your blocked user list openly, you cannot talk about who you have or have not blocked openly, that other than helping a new member who is unaware of the feature or reporting bugs/suggestions for improvement of the feature, discussion of the block user feature at all is an off limits conversation topic? Please. Please?
When this goes live, can we please, please, please, please, please have a policy, posted clearly in the forums in a stickied thread that states that you cannot talk about your blocked user list openly, you cannot talk about who you have or have not blocked openly, that other than helping a new member who is unaware of the feature or reporting bugs/suggestions for improvement of the feature, discussion of the block user feature at all is an off limits conversation topic? Please. Please?
Before I express an opinion, what is the goal of this?

Assuming you convince me, no one is going to follow this and no one is going read the post until you point it out to violators.
Before I express an opinion, what is the goal of this?

Assuming you convince me, no one is going to follow this and no one is going read the post until you point it out to violators.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Speaking from experience and history, when people openly discuss their block list on any site that has one, flame wars break out. So, when a site has a policy like this in place, and they enforce the policy (see, that would be the other catch...), the site is usually quite civil.

The policy has to be strict and enforced. Do it once, you are warned and linked to the post. Do it again, and you get a day away from the site. Do it again, and you are gone for good.

Ignorance of the law is not a defense. You did not read the policy? Oh well, that's still a strike.
Well the forum part should be interesting to see how it works.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account