Epic Challenge 2015

Gaming Chat

Ok, as I'm a new face here, I'm a little confused. Is TA mentioned here only for the Epic Score for our hardest achievements? Because your challenge takes place on this site do you complete a game when you finish the originally released game's achievements, or are games only considered completed when the DLC is finished also which is how TA & x360a work. Medical bills have crippled my family's budget and if I have to purchase DLC with my games then I am going to have an extremely hard time. Every game nowadays has DLC it's just a way to make people pay at least ten more dollars on a game that doesn't need DLC most of the time. The only way I afford it is using Bing reward points, and I only use those on games I hold on to forever.

Do you consider anything with gamerscore, like Win 8 & Win 8 Phone games, as completions? I would think you do, but I want to forget about them for now if you don't.

I plan on keeping track of my own games using Google Spreadsheets. I write more notes than those two required for your challenge using Evernote, which will have be converted into Scrivener once I get my new PC, anyways. I'm a meticulous record keeping junkie.
First!!!!!

Arcade #1
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
2.95 - Poetry in Motion
Ok, as I'm a new face here, I'm a little confused. Is TA mentioned here only for the Epic Score for our hardest achievements? Because your challenge takes place on this site do you complete a game when you finish the originally released game's achievements, or are games only considered completed when the DLC is finished also which is how TA & x360a work. Medical bills have crippled my family's budget and if I have to purchase DLC with my games then I am going to have an extremely hard time. Every game nowadays has DLC it's just a way to make people pay at least ten more dollars on a game that doesn't need DLC most of the time. The only way I afford it is using Bing reward points, and I only use those on games I hold on to forever.

Do you consider anything with gamerscore, like Win 8 & Win 8 Phone games, as completions? I would think you do, but I want to forget about them for now if you don't.

I plan on keeping track of my own games using Google Spreadsheets. I write more notes than those two required for your challenge using Evernote, which will have be converted into Scrivener once I get my new PC, anyways. I'm a meticulous record keeping junkie.
Originally Posted by Infected Stray
Completion is all available achievements at that time. So if there's DLC out for it already, you'd have to do it. However if you complete it an DLC comes out later, you don't have to recomplete it. If you do, you'd need to repost it again with the new ratios. Sometimes it'll be higher than the original, sometimes it'll have dropped. All games with Gamerscore count for this; Win Phone, Windows 8, Web and Android (like Snap Attack), as well as Xbox 360 and Xbox One. You post it as whatever type of game TA has it classified as. So games like Contrast are an arcade game for the 360, but a retail game on the Xbox One. Hope all that helps.
Retail #272
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
1.31 - Insightful
Looks like we have started already
Originally Posted by WolfWood37
I know, dacoto beat me to it. I was hoping to wrap up a quick game this morning, but ended up being hella hungover instead Frown
Can I play?
Originally Posted by futiles
You could, but it would require to you actually complete a game.
I'll do this if it' creates more work for Ptartx.

So is the epic score the sum of the highest TA score? And for recompletions(if new DLC comes out), could your score for that game go down if the ratios end up less(I'm not sure if that's likely?).

I assume the real strategy is to store as many completions as possible.

On an aside, I wonder if we could do a completion leader board for this and constraint the activity feed to just completions. It might give completions that are not "legal" completions, but might help with the tracking.
Can I still join? I'm sure I'll figure it out by Feb or March.
Arcade #2
AMY
2.76 - Survivor (HARD)

On a side note, this is the worst game I've ever played. I hope that everyone involved in its creation is homeless and grubbing for quarters at the bus station. Their game is bad and they should feel bad.

So is the epic score the sum of the highest TA score? And for recompletions(if new DLC comes out), could your score for that game go down if the ratios end up less(I'm not sure if that's likely?).

On an aside, I wonder if we could do a completion leader board for this and constraint the activity feed to just completions. It might give completions that are not "legal" completions, but might help with the tracking.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Epic score is the sum of the highest TA score for each game, but arcades and retails are weighted differently. I think retail are x1.5 or x2, but don't remember for sure.

If DLC comes out and you recomplete, your score for that game could absolutely go down. Or up, if you're quick on the DLC (Ryse was a huge gain for me last year after one of the DLC).

PTart already made a leaderboard for it, and has been sending invites to everyone who joins. I think it might be a little borked already though, since it was showing me with 2 and I only have 1 so far (I think...).
I also have a question. I read the first post and haven't seen it being mentioned

Does every completion count or only games that were started and completed in 2015?
I also have a question. I read the first post and haven't seen it being mentioned

Does every completion count or only games that were started and completed in 2015?
Originally Posted by LSC MrSandman
Any game completed (or recompleted due to DLC release) in 2015 counts for the Epic Challenge, start date does not matter.
Epic score is the sum of the highest TA score for each game, but arcades and retails are weighted differently. I think retail are x1.5 or x2, but don't remember for sure.

If DLC comes out and you recomplete, your score for that game could absolutely go down. Or up, if you're quick on the DLC (Ryse was a huge gain for me last year after one of the DLC).

PTart already made a leaderboard for it, and has been sending invites to everyone who joins. I think it might be a little borked already though, since it was showing me with 2 and I only have 1 so far (I think...).
Originally Posted by Buckswana
The leaderbord is not official, it was meant to give you all a rough idea of where everyone is at.

Originally Posted by Fshguy
Fsh, are you *actually* signing up?

Honestly, the real strategy is both of mix of the number of completions and going to the really difficult completions.
Can I still join? I'm sure I'll figure it out by Feb or March.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Yes, just make sure to read the top post.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account