The Walking Dead Season 6 Part 2 (With Spoilers, I'm sure)

Entertainment

Just over 24 hours to go, and we get to watch the dumb kid get people killed!

I've been watching the marathon, fairly passively, and I am in the second half of season three, and I realize one of the guys from the Governor's new band of fools is Agent Sousa from Marvel's Agent Carter. Of course, I have watched these episodes almost a half dozen times before, each, but, that was a few years ago, and now that I have seen him in something else, it just jumps out at you.

Anyway, Saviors arrive, kill Abraham or Daryl, vengeance rises, and Jessie's dumb son gets his mom and brother eaten. Should be a fantastic episode.
Oh man, this might have been my favorite of TWD since the season two midseason finale, "Pretty Much Dead Already." This was just fantastic. Abraham continues to be my favorite character in both the comics and the series...
It was fantastic! Pretty much what I expected to happen in Alexandria, The opening was awesome, there haven't been very many explosions like that. Nice to be caught off-guard, for some reason it brought back memories of playing Mercenaries.
CORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I watched it twice last night, but somehow missed the sneak peak of next week on talking dead. Oh well, do we meet Negan next week? How big of a group are the Saviors? Especially after that opening I wonder how many are left. Oh and how many times are they going to almost kill Glenn? LOL,
The sneak peak was literally just Darrel & Rick running down the street.
I watched it twice last night, but somehow missed the sneak peak of next week on talking dead. Oh well, do we meet Negan next week? How big of a group are the Saviors? Especially after that opening I wonder how many are left. Oh and how many times are they going to almost kill Glenn? LOL,
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
Negan doesn't make an appearance until the end of the season in the last episode.
Last edited 02-15-2016 at 05:53 PM by MarvzMitts.
The 2nd half of the season was just action packed awesome! They tied everything off from the mid season finale and the opening sequence was fantastic. I wasn't expecting the explosive result, but it was a great taste of what to expect from Negan's group.

One of my favorite scenes from the entire show was when Rick's group first took the prison from the walkers. Their sheer determination and can do/can't fail attitude was inspiring after being on the road for so long. I got that same feeling last night when Rick went outside to hatchet the walkers after bringing Carl to the infirmary. His actions rallied the Alexandrians to fight for the town, he showed leadership and no one died in the town. The town is theirs again for the moment.
Originally Posted by Sith Rick
Negan wasn't cast until late in production, so, I would expect season finale. How big are the Saviors? In the comics, literally hundreds of people, with outposts throughout the region. They are able to put up a fight against multiple communities, and absorb great losses.

In the show? I would expect at least dozens, since the scale seems a little smaller.

How many times are they going to almost kill Glenn? Too many...
I liked this episode, but, I will say that I didn't like them having Glenn kill someone. That was a pretty huge deal in the comics, he made it through 100 issues without killing a human. He died without killing a human. I usually don't care what changes they make, but, that's a pretty big character change. Almost like making Rick a follower and not a natural leader.
I liked this episode, but, I will say that I didn't like them having Glenn kill someone. That was a pretty huge deal in the comics, he made it through 100 issues without killing a human. He died without killing a human. I usually don't care what changes they make, but, that's a pretty big character change. Almost like making Rick a follower and not a natural leader.
Originally Posted by futiles
Well since Glen is never going to die, this is new character direction.
Well since Glen is never going to die, this is new character direction.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Nah, they are going to kill him, they have foreshadowed it far too much. I mean tonight's episode basically had a 90 second sequence where they said, "HEY!!! LOOK HERE! This is how we are going to kill Glenn, and you know it, and we know it, and it will be glorious!"

Although, I still think it should be Daryl. Daryl in the show is basically Abraham's role from the comics, very much the right-hand man, go to guy in sticky situations. And he is as popular as Glenn was by this point. Both characters died within 4 issues of each other. So, Daryl should die, but he won't. Abraham will (and that will suck, cause he is still my favorite). And Glenn will, but, that's fine.
I would say Daryl is WAY more popular than Glenn, I don't even think it's close. I have no data to back it up, but ladies love Daryl. Look at all the merch, it's all Daryl, with a side of Rick or Michone. Glenn gets nothing.
I would say Daryl is WAY more popular than Glenn, I don't even think it's close. I have no data to back it up, but ladies love Daryl. Look at all the merch, it's all Daryl, with a side of Rick or Michone. Glenn gets nothing.
There are metrics, and Robert Kirkman looks at them. He has said in numerous interviews that Glenn's popularity in the comics factored into when and how he died. (He was saved from death at least twice in the comics before issue 100)

And Kirkman has mentioned the popularity of Daryl in the show rivals that of anyone else based on merch sales, internet memes, fan fiction, e-mails received, etc.

I forget, you don't read the comics, right? So, everything is new to you, not just the changes?
There are metrics, and Robert Kirkman looks at them. He has said in numerous interviews that Glenn's popularity in the comics factored into when and how he died. (He was saved from death at least twice in the comics before issue 100)

And Kirkman has mentioned the popularity of Daryl in the show rivals that of anyone else based on merch sales, internet memes, fan fiction, e-mails received, etc.

I forget, you don't read the comics, right? So, everything is new to you, not just the changes?
Correct, I haven't read comics in 20 years (too expensive of a hobby as a single father). I tried briefly to go back to it when I was in a better financial situation, even tried digital, but I just couldn't get back into it. So I got back to what I said with this entire dumpster bull, Glenn should have died, now it's like he's the running joke because he's always so close to dying. It's to the point where Glenn's near death IS the joke.

Daryl, Rick, Michone = untouchable. Everyone else, especially Maggie/Glenn are the tier that have been around for ages and are perfect bait to make you think anyone can die.
Correct, I haven't read comics in 20 years (too expensive of a hobby as a single father). I tried briefly to go back to it when I was in a better financial situation, even tried digital, but I just couldn't get back into it. So I got back to what I said with this entire dumpster bull, Glenn should have died, now it's like he's the running joke because he's always so close to dying. It's to the point where Glenn's near death IS the joke.

Daryl, Rick, Michone = untouchable. Everyone else, especially Maggie/Glenn are the tier that have been around for ages and are perfect bait to make you think anyone can die.

Well, he gets his head bashed in with a baseball bat wrapped with barbed wire by Negan, so, those pictures of bashed in heads that he took way too long looking at were foreshadowing. I don't think they will kill a pregnant Maggie since they wouldn't even kill a baby.
Well, he gets his head bashed in with a baseball bat wrapped with barbed wire by Negan, so, those pictures of bashed in heads that he took way too long looking at were foreshadowing. I don't think they will kill a pregnant Maggie since they wouldn't even kill a baby.
They killed.. oh wait, that stupid baby lived and is still being drug around. NM. And well I could still see Negan smash Glenn's head in, I'm down with that. I'm not a Glenn fan.
They killed.. oh wait, that stupid baby lived and is still being drug around. NM. And well I could still see Negan smash Glenn's head in, I'm down with that. I'm not a Glenn fan.
That's what I'm saying. I fully expect that scene to play out in the show, because, reasons... I don't think it is the same result to the viewer as it was to the reader, but, it will happen.
I like female Saviors. A wonderful and welcome departure from the source material.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account