Shower Thoughts and Odd Theories 🤔

General Chat

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

We all have those random shower thoughts that seem profound or deep in the moment or those theories as to why something might be the way it is. I had one of these pop up as a memory in my Facebook feed so thought it might be amusing not only to share it here but to make a thread where we can all share things like this with each other. It would be a way to discuss these random or odd ideas revealing flaws in them or additional points that the person sharing might have missed/ overlooked. I'll start it off with the one that came up in my feed.
What if the universe as we know it is merely the body of a larger organism?

If you've seen the Ant-Man movies or read the comics you know that the "science" behind the fictional technology is that it reduces the space between molecules causing the affected thing to "shrink" or increases the space to make it "grow". This fictional science being based on our understanding that there is a bunch of space between the molecules that makes up anything and everything.
We also know that there are things that exist in a microscopic level, perhaps even in a subatomic level. (Another thing that was explored in the Ant-Man franchise with the micro verse and quantum realm).
Knowing these things and looking at our own universe we can see how much space there is between the different solar systems. If we compare images of an atom ⚛️ with the solar system we can see that there are similarities: the sun positioned like a nucleus with the planetary bodies orbiting it in the same fashion as electrons are said to orbit the nucleus.
What if, then, each solar system is actually just an atom making up an even larger organism? Would this organism be the "creator" that so many seek (similar to the movie Osmosis Jones and its "body of Frank" concept)?
I'll try to attach some pics later as I'm at work now Lol
Is water wet or is wet water ������
Pineapple on Pizza is gross
In the sci-fi historical fantasy Assassin's Creed series you view and somewhat interact or relive the life experiences of a ancestor via "genetic memory". But, what if the science fiction isn't as much fiction as we believe?

From a genetic standpoint each of us is roughly made up of 50% of our father's DNA and 50% of our mother's DNA (I imagine this may vary slightly in the same way that bits of the DNA come from each parent varies resulting in us resembling but not being identical to our siblings). This same concept holds true of our parents in regards to their parents, and so on back thru the generations. This means that each of us has little bits of each of our ancestors in our DNA.

What if some, or even most of all, of the people who claim that they are a long dead famous person have actually tapped into the genetic memory hidden within their own DNA and the belief the they actually are that person is something akin to the "bleeding effect" referred to in the games? Perhaps "deja vu" is merely us doing or experiencing something that triggers a genetic memory of a similar experience. Maybe those people who truly believe they are someone else, and/or those who tend to have deja-vu more often, simply have more bits of a specific person's DNA than the average person does.
They say that your life flashes before your eyes when you die. So, basically, in that instant, you're possibly reliving your entire life. If this is the case, when you get to the point that you die, in the flash back of your life, does that include another flashback (like the dream within a dream from Inception)? If it does, depending on how good or bad your life really was, this could be "heaven" or "hell". It could also explain deja-vu. What if deja-vu happens because you (or I, for that matter) are reliving our life over and over in our minds. Granted, this last part seems unlikely, as then we'd have no idea of what "deja-vu" actually was, would we?
For Deja-Vu I think it is more that you dream about the future (This happens to me), you don't always remember your dreams when you wake up, and as a moment unfolds later in life that is where you have that feeling that this has happened before.

There was even a guy named Edger Casey who discussed this sort of stuff in the early 1900s

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account