Fallout 4 First Impression

Fallout 4

Found 36 posts - Go to Last Post

I played about 2-2.5 hours last night, and I am hooked. Being at work today SUCKS. The reviews out there have been pretty accurate, so far. The game is hard, and is really unforgiving in that aspect. I have died a few times already. I have been streaming my play, too.

WARNING!!! SPOILERS IN THE BELOW VIDEO!!!
My first gameplay footage from 11/10/2015 at launch

I cannot wait to get home tonight. I should have 5-6 hours of play time available to me. I will continue to stream, so, if you are interested to watch, www.twitch.tv/futiles after 6:00PM CST.

My wife must have thought I was being too productive at work today, so, she sent me the picture above when my Pip-Boy arrived.

Nope, not distracted AT ALL.
I played about 2-2.5 hours last night, and I am hooked. Being at work today SUCKS. The reviews out there have been pretty accurate, so far. The game is hard, and is really unforgiving in that aspect. I have died a few times already. I have been streaming my play, too.

WARNING!!! SPOILERS IN THE BELOW VIDEO!!!
My first gameplay footage from 11/10/2015 at launch

I cannot wait to get home tonight. I should have 5-6 hours of play time available to me. I will continue to stream, so, if you are interested to watch, www.twitch.tv/futiles after 6:00PM CST.
Originally Posted by futiles
Hopefully you are also playing the game at the hardest setting for the better loot.
Hopefully you are also playing the game at the hardest setting for the better loot.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Nope. Don't care much about that. You only need better loot because of harder shit, so...

It isn't an MMO, where I kill the zorgeboosh for a class 8 repeating devastator just to go fight a level 57 busslebuddy later...

The gear is scaled for the experience, as always. My gametime is all about enjoyment. I went with the default settings for this play.
I spent time with the city builder tonight. WOW!

It is streamlined like Skyrim's crafting, but extremely deep
a lot of people on my Instagram were showing their unboxing of the pip boy edition, it looks heavenly.

While not admiring the collection, I did play from about 7PM - 2AM CST. Settlement Construction is going to be a huge time suck. I probably played around in crafting for 3 hours alone.

Last night's game session (mostly) - You can see both weapon customization and settlement building featured in it. (As always, there may be Spoilers!)
futiles, don't forget to post when you're going to twitch - I'll watch it.
futiles, don't forget to post when you're going to twitch - I'll watch it.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
If you are following me on Twitch, does it not e-mail you? I get e-mails whenever any of the people I follow begin streaming. But, as info, I basically will be streaming Fallout every night for the next month(ish). Last night was 7PM till about midnight, when the stream crapped out.
Here is futiles, in the Commonwealth:

Oh that's ridiculous. Gingers are going extinct already, no way they'd be the ones to survive!
Oh that's ridiculous. Gingers are going extinct already, no way they'd be the ones to survive!
Originally Posted by Kaens
He dyes it. That's not a natural red...
I've seen futiles in the wasteland, he looks nothing like that.
I've seen futiles wasted on the land, he looks nothing like that.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Fixed that for you...

(Semantics...)
Fixed that for you...

(Semantics...)
Honestly, it could go either way...
If you are following me on Twitch, does it not e-mail you? I get e-mails whenever any of the people I follow begin streaming. But, as info, I basically will be streaming Fallout every night for the next month(ish). Last night was 7PM till about midnight, when the stream crapped out.
I am brand-new to twitch, only joined to support your game-day this weekend. I think it's a great thing. I have to see if I signed up the right way?...? lol

Hold on...
Ah, figured it out. I didn't have it set to notify me when you're live. Is there anyone else I should watch?
I am pretty sucked into the settlement building and exploration. I should get back to the quests at some point, but, I like having fast travel points available...
I am pretty sucked into the settlement building and exploration. I should get back to the quests at some point, but, I like having fast travel points available...
So you need to build settlements to get fast travel points? I've only played a little, probably won't get to this until December sometime, just curious. Seems like you would only need a few of these strategically placed, or does the game pick where they can be?
So you need to build settlements to get fast travel points? I've only played a little, probably won't get to this until December sometime, just curious. Seems like you would only need a few of these strategically placed, or does the game pick where they can be?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Sorry, non sequitur or sorts. Much like Oblivion, FO3, Skyrim, and New Vegas, any existing map location is a fast travel location. And I love having those, so, exploration! But, when I come across a settlement opportunity, I get sidetracked with that, too.

Settlements are in predetermined areas, yes, but there are plenty.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account