Free DLC Brings Bikes to Burnout Paradise on Thursday

Xbox 360

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Those of you who stopped playing Burnout Paradise will find another reason to play this Thursday. Criterion Games has announced that their next update will be made available on September 18, 2008. This update will help bring quite a few new additions to the game and will also be 100% free. It's hard to go wrong with this, especially if you have yet to play Burnout Paradise.

Here's what the newest update, courtesy of Criterion Games, will bring to the streets of Paradise City:
  • Pick from 2 motorcycles featuring male or female characters and start on a whole new progression to earn your Bike License.
  • 38 new against-the-clock race events – Burning Ride and Midnight Ride.
  • A brand new in-game 24 hr day / night cycle that impacts traffic density and available events. (It's fully customizable – you can make it day/night/change the clock speed – it's up to you.)
  • Dynamic weather brings an all-new look to Paradise City
  • And if that's not enough, we've got 70 more Freeburn Challenges too

For all the juicy details, head over to Criterion Games' official website.
Join the official Gamertag Nation club on Xbox Live here.
This looks gorgeous... ~I hope it plays as well as it looks.

Also a Final Fantasy Republic Global Moderator
That's a great way to get people playing there game, I might look into Burnout Paradise, heard it wasn't that great though (not only from ZP, from some real life people too, who I trust).
Hywel "The Archanist" Griffiths
News Editor & Reviewer
oh wow bikes!!!! NO WAY!!! I seriously can't wait for th- oh wait the game sucks. seriously you got it all in the free demo.
England is my city
I thought Burnout Paradise was a fresh restart for the series, which in all honesty, became boring. At least with Burnout Paradise, you're given an infinite online world and constant updates to keep you entertained. I guess you could go ahead and hate Burnout Paradise but I feel like it deserves more respect than most games.
Join the official Gamertag Nation club on Xbox Live here.
To me the biggest leap was the third one. It was all taken up a notch in that game. Paradise was just a re run of that which made me take a dislike to it. Ok, so there's online but I'm not buying a game, especially a racing game just to go online. I has high hopes for it as ive been playing since the original, I only missed out on Revenge. However the demo did little to convince me and when my friend got the full game I was turned off even more. Not only was it exactly like Takedwon with very few tweaks but it was like a copy Need For Speed (made by EA), only difference was the lack of police cars providing amusing chases. I just felt cheated. Like i did with Pro Evo 5....and 6....and 08.
England is my city
IT was a brave move by EA to make paradise like it was. However, I do think such freedom is not for a game in which the close quarter beatings is the main attraction. For example, I just got Full Auto 2. The way they make it seem more free is the sheer level of destruction and the fact that you can plough through buildings. But then, I've never played Paradise, so I'm just speculating.

But those bikes do look shiny though, amiright?
Hywel "The Archanist" Griffiths
News Editor & Reviewer
But those bikes do look shiny though, amiright?
Originally Posted by The Archanist
I won't disagree, Hywel... They sure look nice.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account