Is it worth buying Xbox One games?

Xbox One

Found 14 posts - Go to Last Post


Will you still purchase old Xbox One titles thanks to GWG?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 37 (75.51%) Yes

× 5 (10.20%) No

× 7 (14.29%) Who cares? I came for the poll!


  • Added 06-03-2016 01:23 PM
  • 49 votes
Now I don't mean brand new releases but older titles. With GWG we get 2 free Xbox One games and while 1 is normally an [email protected] title there have been some big games such as Sunset Overdrive. Is it worth spending money on older titles when they have a likelyhood of appearing on GWG?
I think so, primarily because there is no guarantee which games will be a GWG game. If it's one you like and you find a cheap disc, pick it up. Even if you get a free digital copy later, you can still play the disc copy should you decide to stop paying for gold. Hell, even if you buy it digital, it's yours with or without gold.

Xbox Community Ambassador
"There is no truth. Just differing opinions." - Simon R. Green Deathstalker Destiny
"People are stupid. " - Terry Goodkind Wizard's First Rule (Full quote)
Yes because there are WAY more games than will ever be released for GWG.

Look at the 360...there are over 3000 games (less NTSC/US) and they will not all be GWG.
Former 360voice Admin. Gaming and Autocross...mkay.
All Confirmed.
If you want to play a game, buy it. If you want to play a game, but not right away, wait for a sale. I never count on a game eventually hitting GWG. It's rare when there is a month where I've already played more than 2 of the GWG titles.

Although if you are about to buy something in the last week or so of a month, it may be worth holding off a couple days. They've gotten better about announcing the upcoming GWG about a week ahead of the new month.
Adding nothing constructive to a thread near you

What exactly is the point of this thread?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I think so, primarily because there is no guarantee which games will be a GWG game. If it's one you like and you find a cheap disc, pick it up. Even if you get a free digital copy later, you can still play the disc copy should you decide to stop paying for gold. Hell, even if you buy it digital, it's yours with or without gold.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Um... You do not lose games when you stop paying for gold. Once you claim it, it is yours. The PS+ service requires you maintain an active account, GwG does not.
Um... You do not lose games when you stop paying for gold. Once you claim it, it is yours. The PS+ service requires you maintain an active account, GwG does not.
Originally Posted by futiles
Actually, for Xbox One, you do lose access to them while you aren't gold:
What happens to my Games with Gold games if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold subscription?

On Xbox One, you will no longer be able to access your Games with Gold titles if you cancel your subscription. However, if you decide to renew your subscription at any time, you will be able to access and play your previously redeemed Games with Gold titles again.
http://support.xbox.com/my-account/x...-with-gold-faq

Xbox Community Ambassador
"There is no truth. Just differing opinions." - Simon R. Green Deathstalker Destiny
"People are stupid. " - Terry Goodkind Wizard's First Rule (Full quote)
Yeah, 360 GWG gave you the full license, xbone does not. But really, why would you ever stop being gold...
Adding nothing constructive to a thread near you

What exactly is the point of this thread?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I think I have only purchased 3 Xbox One games since its release. I almost exclusively play GWG games
Double bladed sword you have here. Why buy brand new games when your fold account gives you two free games every month 4 if you own both systems (wait with backward compatibility can't you play all four on the One anyway?) and sometimes those are "premium" and I use that term loosely here, meaning: it s a retail disc. That retail disc though is rather old and most people will have already played it and there are the server or support issues that it may or may not have, but for arguments sake since many if not all the Gold games I have herd of so far do not have these issues...but possibly could.. but with the power of backward compatibility you feasibly never have to buy a game. Actually you never have to anyway , but why by a game system if your not going to game? I personally like to collect the disc, so eventually I'm going to buy them no matter what, but I'm in an extremely small demographic. I think the Gold program is to lure people in, the non gamers who use there boyfriends, children or husbands game for Netflix, the casual gamers who wouldn't buy the current game, but now may try its and venture into those games latter. The gamers that are more of genre specific...
Life goal own all retail X-Box games. My collection: X-Box: 535, X-Box 360: 1204, One: 178
Let us get to know you: I want to be on the spotlight 2.0 Join here to enter GTN's monthly Challenge: Challenge, What Challenge...
Buy what you want. It's a crap shoot what will end up on GWG. If you like the game and the price is reasonable, don't wait on the offhand chance it hits GWG.
I'm a collector so i definitely buy all the games anyway.

But it is a great time to not buy games if you have both consoles, GWG and PS Plus had good games nowadays and most of them are pretty long.
Anyone wanna guess the price tag for a Project Scorpio console?
Anyone wanna guess the price tag for a Project Scorpio console?
Originally Posted by SpectreSubZero
I take it this for E3 thread?

Starting at $299 i'm sure I read.
I take it this for E3 thread?

Starting at $299 i'm sure I read.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
Nope, that is the price of the Xbox One S. Scorpio has no announced prices. You can assume starting at $500, based on the specs released.

Sign up for a new account. It's free and easy!

Sign up for an account

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account