Xur details for this weekend

Destiny

Found 35 posts - Go to Last Post

Funny how there's no Exotic Engram today.... I wonder why?
Funny how there's no Exotic Engram today.... I wonder why?
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Exotic engrams were replaced by exotic shards. Bunie knows you were just going to break the armor down anyway.
Exotic engrams were replaced by exotic shards. Bunie knows you were just going to break the armor down anyway.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
You mean I was going to sit on 3-5 exotic engrams to roll them next week for the higher level versions :P
Sadly, exotic engrams were one of the only useful things you could buy with Motes of Light. With the reward for your first daily public event only being a Mote of Light now since the patch, not sure what we're supposed to do with all of them...
I spent all of my strange coins on exotic shards. Only had 35 SC saved up, so netted 5 shards.
Xur is back at The Tower to take away all those Strange Coins you’ve been hoarding.

Starting this week and going forward, Xur will have a set of weapons and armour that have a higher rating. You can exchange the old versions you’ve got for new, better versions, but doing so will reset the progress on any of them.

He also brought with him The Urn of Sacrifice, which is something you’ll need to finish a bounty given by Eris.

For this week, Xur decided to hang out by the Crucible vendors. He will remain there until 1am PDT on Sunday, December 14.

The inventory on offer this week is below:

Ruin Wings [Exotic Titan gauntlets] – 13SC (requires TDB DLC)
Achlyophage Symbiote [Exotic Hunter helmet] – 13SC
Voidfang Vestments [Exotic Warlock chest armour] – 13SC
Truth [Exotic rocket launcher] – 17SC
Exotic Shard
As for the gear and weapon sets you can turn in for better versions, he’s got the following:

ARMOUR – Mask of the Third Man, Young Ahamkara’s Spine, The Armamentarium, No Backup Plans, Light Beyond Nemesis, Sunbreakers.
WEAPONS – Suros Regime, Red Death, The Last Word, Thorn, Icebreaker, Thunderlord.
You’ll need some 7000-8000 Glimmer and an Exotic Shard to exchange any of those items for their better versions, which he also sells.

http://www.vg247.com...december-12-13/
Looks like a busy Destiny weekend, once I get my Christmas shopping finished. Nothing I really want to buy, but lots to upgrade. I think I own every piece of armor on that list, and definitely want to upgrade my Suros and Icebreaker, as well as possibly my Last Word and Thunderlord. If I did everything, I'd be looking at 10 shards (I have 5 right now). May break down another weapon or 2 that I'll never use, like my Bad Juju and Invective. I'll have to do some glimmer farming on Mars too for the upgrades. The rest of the weekend I'll be trying to get a couple of people to get the Weekly and Nightfall strikes done, as well as running 3x hard raids in VoG, and hopefully give the new raid a shot too. If there's any time left after that, Control in Crucible. Smile
I think I'm going to spend a handful of Motes on helms. Keep what I need, break down the rest to get shards to upgrade my Ice Breaker and at least one Suros. Maybe 2 Suroses.

Looks like I'll be cashing in a big pile of bounties tonight.
I guess I'll have to think about the best way to do some of this stuff. Upgrading an item will end up costing 2 shards (one for the upgrade, one to max it out), whereas just buying a new higher level one will cost the coins plus one shard to max it, which I can get from breaking down the old one.
2x shards = 14 coins
1x piece of armor = 13 coins + the shard from the old one
so I guess it really works out almost the same in the end. Maybe better to just upgrade what I can when I can, since no way of knowing what'll be up for sale or upgrading the next week anyway.
I think I'm going to spend a handful of Motes on helms. Keep what I need, break down the rest to get shards to upgrade my Ice Breaker and at least one Suros. Maybe 2 Suroses.

Looks like I'll be cashing in a big pile of bounties tonight.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Forgot about buying engrams. I guess I'll do the same, may save me upgrading a few helmets. I know you'll need motes of light for the new Trials of Osiris to enter it (PvP like Iron Banner), and some of Eris' items require Motes as well, but I've got enough that I can afford to spend a few.
Well, I don't expect to be able to enter the Trials of Osiris, and none of the stuff that Eris sells I can buy. So Exotic Engram shopping spree!!!
http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/19/dest...ecember-19-20/

In addition, Xur will also have upgraded versions of six Exotic armour pieces and six Exotic weapons. You can get those only if you have the older, pre-Dark Below versions.

As for his location this time, you can find him in Tower North by the Speaker. He will remain there until 1am PDT on Sunday, December 21.

This week’s list of wares is:

Ruin Wings [Exotic Titan gauntlets] – 13SC (requires TDB DLC)
Knucklehead Radar [Exotic Hunter helmet] – 13SC (requires TDB DLC)
Claws of Ahamkara [Exotic Warlock gauntlets] – 13SC
Patience and Time [Exotic sniper rifle] – 17SC
Exotic Engram [Helmet] - 23MoL
Exotic Shard – 7SC
As for the upgraded gear and armour:

ARMOUR – Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter), Lucky Raspberry, Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan), No Backup Plans, Heart of Praxic Fire, Sunbreakers
WEAPONS – MIDA Multi-Tool, Thorn, Universal Remote, Plan C, Truth, Super Good Advice, Monte Carlo
Probably buy the Knucklehead Radar and Patience and Time, then break down my old ones once the new ones are leveled up. Also need to upgrade my MIDA, Plan C, Crest of Alpha Lupi and Sunbreakers. At least I'll get 2 shards back for the ones I break down, since they're fully leveled up.
Looks like a whole lot of nuthin. Maybe buy one Patience and Time, but nothing on that list is worth farming glimmer for. You can get a new Thorn & SGA from doing the bounties. I know I already have. There's better out there than Plan C. Truth was just on sale last week. Maybe the Mida-Multi Tool if you own it.

Now if you have the DLC.... Then yeah the two DLC armor pieces would totally be worth buying.
Last week's exo-engram decoded to the new Knucklehead, so I already upgraded my old one. I'll be buying another engram this week and hoping it decodes to a titan helm. Might pick up the Warlock gauntlets too since I don't have any of the new stuff for that character yet. I'll also be able to upgrade Multi-tool, Super Good Advice and Plan C to the new versions.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account