Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

Are there any tablets in the market that have Windows 8 so I can get Win8 achievements? I'm thinking of buying a tablet and I want it to already have Windows 8 so I can get some achievements in it while I'm at it.
Depending on your Best Buy there is a whole section dedicated to just Win8 tablets. You must not watch much tv because it was impossible to not see a Surface commercial last year if you watched anything on a network. If you want the full version of Win8 instead of RT your selection gets smaller but is still decent. I will warn you that win8 app support sucks compared to IOS/Android(where is my Marvel app dang it).
Depending on your Best Buy there is a whole section dedicated to just Win8 tablets. You must not watch much tv because it was impossible to not see a Surface commercial last year if you watched anything on a network. If you want the full version of Win8 instead of RT your selection gets smaller but is still decent. I will warn you that win8 app support sucks compared to IOS/Android(where is my Marvel app dang it).
Originally Posted by Johndg
As a RT Surface owner I second this statement. It was great at first, but quickly I learned the limitations of the RT (everything has to be apps). If you can afford it, definitely get the Pro or something with full version of Windows 8.1. I bought my wife a Surface Pro and she LOVES it, it's replaced her laptop and she uses it all the time.Granted, that wasn't cheap, but I'm sure there must be small laptops or other tablets that have the same capabilities.
@Johngd - Comixology app. Same interface as Marvel app, but you can buy Marvel, DC, Image and independents in one app. Including the "Sale" Marvel did 3 years ago, where you could "buy" 700 titles for free direct from Marvel's digital side. All of those are in my Comixology app, on Android, iOS and Win8.

We have 2 Surface Pros in the house. Right now is a great time to get a Surface Pro 1 (the original madel) 128GB HDD. With the Surface Pro 2 out, the 1 has dropped in price: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/surface-...face&cp=1&lp=9

$600 for a $1000 machine.
You can also check pawn shops, if your so bold. Most give 6months to 1year warranty protection plan, they would certainly be cheaper and you could haggle the price down some.. You should at least check them out., that's the rout I was going to go but then I ran I to a great I couldn't pass on at Best Buy. I got an Asus..
@Johngd - Comixology app. Same interface as Marvel app, but you can buy Marvel, DC, Image and independents in one app. Including the "Sale" Marvel did 3 years ago, where you could "buy" 700 titles for free direct from Marvel's digital side. All of those are in my Comixology app, on Android, iOS and Win8.
Originally Posted by futiles
Does comixology support the marvel subscription service now? This is the main reason I want the marvel app. Even at the lower digital prices the standard price is still higher than it was when I stopped reading comics. As they get older they seem to go down but I would rather just use the subscription.
Does comixology support the marvel subscription service now? This is the main reason I want the marvel app. Even at the lower digital prices the standard price is still higher than it was when I stopped reading comics. As they get older they seem to go down but I would rather just use the subscription.
I will have to check. I still do primarily print comics, and the Marvel print comics come with a digital code that works in the Comixology app. When I last used the Marvel app, even it did not support the subscription, so, good to know it does.
So what do you read and what do you think about book to movie lately?
Me?

Currently the books I am reading are "The Walking Dead," "Captain America," "The Star Wars: Original Lucas Script," and "SAGA."

I pretty much buy anything Captain America or Thanos related, so, I enjoyed the Thanos origin they did last year.

I don't think of comic book movies as "book to movie" translations, exactly. Obviously, some of the animated films are considered direct translations, like the Dark Knight Returns two part film. But, your Marvel movies, Batman, Man of Steel, Walking Dead TV show, there is just too much history in the comics to say "this entire 60+ year old publication is now THIS movie."

Comics have changed too much. Smallville was in New York state for the first 40-50 years of Superman comics, but put it anywhere but Kansas now...

Honestly, comic book fans just want to bitch. We are perfectly accepting of a comic retconing whatever they want. Alfred died, nope he's alive. Jason Todd is dead, and that is permanent, no wait. Spider-man can't be touch, not wait he's a clone, I mean he ISN'T the clone, but he's possessed by Dr Octopus, no wait he got over it...

And yet, those same fans, that read every Elseworld or What If? or ULTIMATE or alternate reality comic they can find have a problem with the movies or shows being a different and unique reality?

Personally, other than the rape scene at the end of Man of Steel, I have enjoyed most of the comic book movies to come out in the last 15 years. (New Spider-man is not enjoyable, Daredevil & Electra, Catwoman - were all bad because of story, writing, casting)

And I love that The Walking Dead TV show is a different version of events than the comic. If it was exactly the same, I would stop watching.
If you're going to buy a tablet, spend the money. Seriously. Don;t get something cheap and shitty. Surface 2 seems pretty sweet.

HOWEVER

It's better to get a W8.1 Desktop with a touch screen monitor (my set up) - achievements come much easier.
If you're going to buy a tablet, spend the money. Seriously. Don;t get something cheap and shitty. Surface 2 seems pretty sweet.

HOWEVER

It's better to get a W8.1 Desktop with a touch screen monitor (my set up) - achievements come much easier.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
So, a Surface Pro, then? Full functionality of the desktop/laptop, with form factor of a tablet. Full Windows 8.1 Pro.
WOW! Finally fanboy that actually gets it!! I like your out look on comic to movie, I too feel the true fanboys complain too much o. The movie adaptations, you see if they write movies like to please the fan boys they would tank so bad.. I like the open interpretations that some movies take, yet I also dred them. I used to collect, I used to be the worlds largest purist fanboy. Then the re imagining began and they really started messing with things that shouldn't have been messed with, I could get into a mirad of reasons why but I won't, not here anyway. Just know I'm with you in your open views, I understand what your trying to say.

Rape scene in the Man of Steal? Hmmm...I'll be Plunged you about this..lol.. BTW the older movies you mentioned Daredevil and such...were pretty much intros and experiments into the real of comic to movie...they were made to fail..I just hope Ben Afflec won't be screwing up Batman the same way he screwed up DD...did I seriously just say that.... I think this new Man of steal and the Justice League movie is going to either be the biggest thing since the Avengers or the collapse of the DC movie franchises... Its too soon to try and replace Christian Bale, although that's another discussion.
Oh and btw, Batman, Flash, Ghost Rider and Thor are my personal favs.. But not for the reasons people might think.
Thanks. I actually almost never watch TV anymore. It's mostly Netflix and Hulu+ for me now.

Rape scene in the Man of Steal? Hmmm...I'll be Plunged you about this..lol.. BTW the older movies you mentioned Daredevil and such...were pretty much intros and experiments into the real of comic to movie...they were made to fail..I just hope Ben Afflec won't be screwing up Batman the same way he screwed up DD...did I seriously just say that.... I think this new Man of steal and the Justice League movie is going to either be the biggest thing since the Avengers or the collapse of the DC movie franchises... Its too soon to try and replace Christian Bale, although that's another discussion.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Daredevil was made to fail? I find that hard to believe. I don't think Ben Afflec did that film to look foolish. Duncan as Kingpin, foolish. When you can pick put the stunt double the film is foolish alla Spaceballs. The film was just bad and there were plenty of other superhero movies out before Daredevil.

I think we are hijacking this thread :P

Where was the rape scene in the man of steel? Oh and as it stands now, Marvel will crush any of DC efforts considering how badly the film is being cast.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account