Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

I see that the badges now have points attached to them. Is there going to be a leaderboard for them? I did not see anything on the existing site boards.
I see that the badges now have points attached to them. Is there going to be a leaderboard for them? I did not see anything on the existing site boards.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Eric is definitely up to something. For awhile on the badges there was a 'beta' view where you could see if it was bronze, silver, etc. That is when he nixed a few of the really really easy ones and people complained they lost a few badges. Looks like he has changed that system and given a point value to them instead of a name. Personally, I like that better. Sorta like achievements vs trophies. I'd rather get 5 points than a bronze.
If you guys missed it, this exact issue was discussed here:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/genera...important.html
this will let you in on what's happening with the badges and new points system.
Last edited 02-14-2014 at 04:53 PM by B8TINGU.
Dang it. Another badge score to boost. OK, here goes!
i stil dont understand the whole point system attached to the badges it looks weird
i stil dont understand the whole point system attached to the badges it looks weird
Originally Posted by chunky meconium
Hopefully Eric will explain it. Not sure if points are different for each badge or they are all standard 5 pt.s for tier on 10 for 2 and so on or not.. I think some badges should berth more than others though.. Say like the badges for just playing a game lower than the points for the badges for having one complete.
I'm still tinkering with the badge scoring system. It's a work in progress. As of right now, there are five different tiers ranging from 5 BP (Badge Points) to 25 BP. This is based on the number of users with the Badge and it's overall difficulty. For example, badges awarded for simply playing a game will score significantly less than badges awarded for completions.
Each tier should double in points because the requirements generally double. The 'played a game' should be tier one, the completed a game tier three or four. However, you will never be able to match these up so I'm glad that you are curating them by hand. People may complain about what values this or that have, but it's no different than getting 1000 in Avatar vs Dark Souls.
as an adding note to the tiered badges how about having some kind of tiers for gamerscore like bronze 100k silver 250k gold 500k n so on
Is there a way to attach our BP rank to our forum info to the left?
as an adding note to the tiered badges how about having some kind of tiers for gamerscore like bronze 100k silver 250k gold 500k n so on
Originally Posted by chunky meconium
That sounds good too!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account