Suprised Roboquest Still Isn't on GTN

Gaming Chat

Found 13 posts - Go to Last Post

I've never seen a game not show up on GTN in the games library after it's released. How often do games get missed? I'm sure it will be added eventually but it's weird not having my achievement sync up 100% with xbox.

Tbh, I thought new cheevos were scanned in automatically as soon as they hit the xbox network. I guess it's manual?
Don't ask me to name the titles, but it's not the first time. There have been a handful of games I've started on release day and had to wait - in one case a couple of days - for it to get added on here.

Again, I remember the experience but not the games.
I'm not sure if all achievements are added to the site manually, but getting them added has a lot to do with when the achievement list for each game is revealed. There have been games that have their achievement lists show up on TA well in advance of the game being released and some that have their list show up on the day they're first available for purchase.
I'm not sure if all achievements are added to the site manually, but getting them added has a lot to do with when the achievement list for each game is revealed. There have been games that have their achievement lists show up on TA well in advance of the game being released and some that have their list show up on the day they're first available for purchase.
Originally Posted by Dvader83
TA has quite a few devs for different game studios as registered members, and many of those studios allow the devs to get achievements during QA. So, the way TA scrapes feeds, if a dev plays a game 3 months before release, and unlocks achievements, TA can see that and scrape it, and add it to their site.
TA has quite a few devs for different game studios as registered members, and many of those studios allow the devs to get achievements during QA. So, the way TA scrapes feeds, if a dev plays a game 3 months before release, and unlocks achievements, TA can see that and scrape it, and add it to their site.
Originally Posted by futiles
What about GTN?
What about GTN?
Originally Posted by Snappleback
You mean, does GTN have multiple game devs registered? I honestly don't know. But, TA has made a point to bring it up over there, often. But, since GTN is nowhere near the same size of userbase as TA, if there are game devs here, I would expect it to be a much smaller sample size. Also, remember that TA allows a user to add non-registered people to be scanned (Pro members can add more than free members). Which they portray as a way to compare yourself against any of your friends, even those that don't do gaming sites. But, it also means that users intentionally add known game devs so they can get those scans as early as possible.

I actually feel like that is a weird, cyber-stalking situation, and shouldn't be a thing, but...
We currently have a staff of 5 people, including Eric. Unless there's a feature/tool I am unaware of, we enter the game info manually and then can import the achievements and images. While I can't speak for the others, most of the time I don't even know about a lot of the games that come out unless somebody posts that it needs to be added or until I look for "game mismatches", which just tells us that site members have earned achievements in games that are not in the database yet. From there I can get the game info and add it to the database. It appears that Roboquest has been added now, however.
Wow never thought this was going to be an issue on this site.
We currently have a staff of 5 people, including Eric. Unless there's a feature/tool I am unaware of, we enter the game info manually and then can import the achievements and images. While I can't speak for the others, most of the time I don't even know about a lot of the games that come out unless somebody posts that it needs to be added or until I look for "game mismatches", which just tells us that site members have earned achievements in games that are not in the database yet. From there I can get the game info and add it to the database. It appears that Roboquest has been added now, however.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Not sure why you replied to me, but, cool. Probably answers SnappleBack's question better.
Perfect - this is the answer I was looking for. I was just honestly curious how the process here worked. That sucks its manual for you guys. Thanks for all you do.
Not sure why you replied to me, but, cool. Probably answers SnappleBack's question better.
Because your post had the information I was intentionally comparing GTN to. I thought having that as a reference in my post might be considered useful. I didn't think it might be any type of issue.
I try to visit the site on a daily basis, so if a game does pop up that is not in the database it really shouldn't be long before it gets added. AAA titles are a no brainer, we know they are coming, but smaller more obscure games will not hit our radar unless someone brings it up. After that it's usually a quick fix.
Because your post had the information I was intentionally comparing GTN to. I thought having that as a reference in my post might be considered useful. I didn't think it might be any type of issue.
OK, that makes sense.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account