Leveled from 14 to 17 (and a half) over the weekend. Hit some new areas and picked up several that I didn't have previously. 67/69 for now. I've had two shots at Tauros and he escaped and split both times...he seems to be my nemisis for now.

Another gym question...how do you "train" at the gym? I was browsing medals and I have several wins recorded for winning battles but zero towards Ace Trainer. When I visit a gym there's no buttons/options other than the fight button unless I'm missing something. All I can figure is that fighting at a gym owned by another team is "battling" and fighting at a gym owned by your own team is "training"....am I on the right track or no?

I can't lie...I'm having a lot of fun with this and I hope more games like this come out in the future. It's like a walk-around version of Viva Pinata (which I loved)....find animals, evolve animals, etc. I know nothing about Japanese cartoons so that doesn't lure me in at all....we could be hunting for different brands and sizes of women's handbags and I'd be enjoying it just as much.
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
If a gym is one of the two teams you are not on, then when you tap the "Fight" button, you will be allowed to choose a team of 6 Pokémon to battle it. For each opposing Pokémon you defeat, that gym will lose Prestige. As it loses Prestige, it loses levels, as it loses levels, Pokémon are kicked out, and eventually, the gym is emptied, and you can take it over. The more Pokémon you defeat in one try, the more you affect it.

If the gym is the SAME team as you, and you tap the "Fight" button, you enter a "Training" battle, where you may select ONE Pokémon to use against it, and see how far you can get through the gym. Each Pokémon you defeat INCREASES the Prestige of the gym. Do THIS enough times, and you raise the level of the gym, which adds slots to the gym, which allow more Pokémon to defend it, which gives you a greater chance to keep your defenders in there longer.

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/ar...comic/04052010

This starts a small origin story for Jared within the comic. It's hilarious, and relevant. Finally remembered to sit down and find the link.
Leveled from 14 to 17 (and a half) over the weekend. Hit some new areas and picked up several that I didn't have previously. 67/69 for now. I've had two shots at Tauros and he escaped and split both times...he seems to be my nemisis for now.

Another gym question...how do you "train" at the gym? I was browsing medals and I have several wins recorded for winning battles but zero towards Ace Trainer. When I visit a gym there's no buttons/options other than the fight button unless I'm missing something. All I can figure is that fighting at a gym owned by another team is "battling" and fighting at a gym owned by your own team is "training"....am I on the right track or no?

I can't lie...I'm having a lot of fun with this and I hope more games like this come out in the future. It's like a walk-around version of Viva Pinata (which I loved)....find animals, evolve animals, etc. I know nothing about Japanese cartoons so that doesn't lure me in at all....we could be hunting for different brands and sizes of women's handbags and I'd be enjoying it just as much.
You got it right. When you are at a gym with your same color, you just fight it as you normally do. The difference will be that you get 1 Pokémon to fight with versus the 6 when battling an opposing team.

If you'll look at the gym experience, you'll see how much experience needed to increase the gym to a new level. Once it hits a new level you can add a Pokémon into it. I've noticed it's better to find a Pokémon just under the lowest one, defeat it, then run away. You'll gain more experience and be able to level up the gym a little faster than trying to go through all the Pokémon in it.

If you like Viva Pinta, it looks like they will be adding breeding into the game later on. So you will be able to combine Pokémon. So you have something to look forward to.
YAY!!! I made it to level 21!

FUCK!!!!

75000 XP to level 22...
YAY!!! I made it to level 21!

FUCK!!!!

75000 XP to level 22...
Originally Posted by futiles
It's get worse, much much worse. See my google doc.
It's get worse, much much worse. See my google doc.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I know. I have already looked, and Fshguy shared earlier in the thread. Just so deflating.
Found him yesterday in my yard...and I live out in the sticks.

Ever since this latest update, the game has gone to complete shit for us. Pokes are few and far between. They all require a handful of balls to capture. It's terrible not being able to hunt anymore. Doubly so with the few and far between stops.

What level are you at? Seems like you've powered up to even be able to catch something like that.
Ever since this latest update, the game has gone to complete shit for us. Pokes are few and far between. They all require a handful of balls to capture. It's terrible not being able to hunt anymore. Doubly so with the few and far between stops.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
I think it was hard enough before for those without Pokestops... Now it's terrible since the only way could can capture a lot of stuff now is with powered balls and raspberries which of course come from Pokestops. Even buying regular balls can help so much.

That's awesome, congrats!
I actually like most of the updates. Tracking works again, at least showing what is nearby actually equating to nearby.
Nope, I can rescind this comment. Capturing is stupid. I know Kaens and I have chatted about it, and we differ in opinion, but, this feels like a money grab to me. I feel like they have over extended themselves, and feel the need to keep the schedule they have, but require more resources, so, make an item in the game more difficult to get, harder to use, and more valuable overall.

We went out last night, at PokeStops with lures, and I netted -80 balls (regular, great, and ultra, combined) while catching about 20 creatures. So, I am now using a little over 4 balls per creature. It took 8 to catch a sub 200 Pidgey, with a green circle, getting greats or better on many throws. That's dumb.
What level are you at? Seems like you've powered up to even be able to catch something like that.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
18, 3/4 way to 19
Well a storm rolled through and I wasn't able to go walk. Still stuck on lvl 20.

I have yet to see a Dragonite plus a few others in this game.

I finally saw a Squirtle yesterday. 5 Razz berries, 5 Hyper balls and he still ran away. They've made it so much harder to catch the Pokémon. Even the weak ones get out and run away.
How do we earn pokecoins?
Originally Posted by Musquito
Put a Pokemon in a gym. Either one controlled by your team with an open slot, or take one from another team down, and claim it.

Once you have at least 1, at most 10, Pokémon in a gym, you can claim payment via an icon in the top right of the shop screen. Once every 21 hours (or is it 22?) you may claim payment for the number of Pokémon you have defending gyms at that exact moment. You get 10 coins and 500 pixie dust for each Pokémon you have in a gym.
Put a Pokemon in a gym. Either one controlled by your team with an open slot, or take one from another team down, and claim it.

Once you have at least 1, at most 10, Pokémon in a gym, you can claim payment via an icon in the top right of the shop screen. Once every 21 hours (or is it 22?) you may claim payment for the number of Pokémon you have defending gyms at that exact moment. You get 10 coins and 500 pixie dust for each Pokémon you have in a gym.
21 hours.

That's a good question to ask. What to most gyms you have been able to cash in at 1 time?

Today is the first time I actually cashed in 3 gyms. Normally it's just 1.
21 hours.

That's a good question to ask. What to most gyms you have been able to cash in at 1 time?

Originally Posted by ZeroDesolation
I decided for myself winning coins at a gym for the sake of winning coins is not worth it. 10 coins is roughly 10 cents. 1 pokeball is 5 cents or 4 cents if you like to buy in bulk and you have enough inventory space for it.

Commendation to you for getting 3 gyms at once.
21 hours.

Originally Posted by ZeroDesolation
5 gyms, in a ridiculously tight area, with a team actively keeping them.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account