Show off your cell phones, people!

Tech & Electronics

Ok, this is my favorite subject... So I thought I would post my most current phone....

Key Stats:
2G Network - GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network - HSDPA 850 / 1900 - American version
Dimensions 114 x 57 x 10 mm, 66 cc
Weight 127 g
Screen TFT, 16M colors, 320 x 240 pixels, 2.36 inches
Full QWERTY keyboard
Five-way scroll key
Camera - 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus, video(QVGA@15fps), flash; secondary videocall camera
Talk time Up to 10 h 30 min

However, I'll most likely jump to the Nokia N97 in March or so....

I get a new phone every 6 months and may test out new models every once in awhile, how? I work for Nokia! Smile I'm the Operations manager for the Share on OVI Service. Killak hopefully you have tried it out with your N95... I miss the camera on the N95 but now my wife has it and loves it.

In case you haven't seen the N97 yet:

Under the hood the phone is so decked out it's not even funny any more, including an outlandish 32GB of built-in memory, microSD expansion, FM transmitter and a great 5 megapixel camera with ultrasmooth 30 fps 16:9 video capture, in addition to the "givens" like HSDPA, WiFi, Bluetooth, A-GPS and a 3.5mm headphone jack
I still got my n95, and I love it. However, the N97, or even the n96 look SOOO good. I might want to try them out. They'd be perfect for me, and since I wear business suits all the time, the slim design would be nice, as well as that keyboard. My Gosh!

(psst, somehow get me one. :P)
Sony Ericsson C902 - Best deals - The Carphone Warehouse

This is my phone now. Normally i go with the walkman models but this was too good to pass up.
My friend here has it! It;s the one where the top snaps open a little and it enters touch screen camera mode, no?
How much was it? It's pretty badass, to say the least.
I still got my n95, and I love it. However, the N97, or even the n96 look SOOO good. I might want to try them out. They'd be perfect for me, and since I wear business suits all the time, the slim design would be nice, as well as that keyboard. My Gosh!

(psst, somehow get me one. :P)
Originally Posted by Killak
Yeah the N96 is pretty nice but not much of a jump from the N95 other then my site is more featured. Smile The 5800 is pretty cool as well and should hit the US by March. It has touchscreen and hopefully the "comes with music" program. That gives you unlimited downloads of music for a year.
That is a sweet deal. I presume it's when you get a contract?
That is a sweet deal. I presume it's when you get a contract?
I don't know much about how they are launching it in the US yet. I know they are trying to get the Nokia Music Service launched here and the phone may beat the service. If that is the case we may not see the "Comes with Music" here for awhile. I know this allowed the 5800 to be the second fastest phone to 1m. The iPhone 3G beat it but of coarse it was launched in 21 countries at once. The 5800 was launched in 3-4.
SO there's a possibility Nokia will beat Apple. I like it. I've never been a fan of Apple.
SO there's a possibility Nokia will beat Apple. I like it. I've never been a fan of Apple.
Well Apple is a nat in the cell phone market. They just crossed 1% market share. Nokia fell to 37% market share. The second place person has 16% or something like that. Nokia has ruffly 1billion cell phones in the active market. Apple made a big deal when they crossed 10m the other day. We sold 15m smartphones last quarter, 140m+ total cell phones. Do they have a cool phone sure it is nice I have played with most of the competition as we test them with our site. The big thing Apple had is a better way to deliver apps. If you follow Mobile World Congress next week you are going to see a whole bunch of cool things targeting Apple. There was an article written a few months ago did Apple awaken a sleeping giant. The answer to that question is yes and here we come.

The interesting thing about Nokia is they left the US market because of the carriers. We are slowly working our way back. In the end however the US is an irrelevant market. India, Asia and Africa is where the real growth will happen over the next 10-20 years. The Terminal (cell phone) will be their way to the net and OVI (service brand for Nokia) and Nokia will be there to dominate.
I dunno why, I've always been a fan. Maybe it's the sleek professionalism of their phones that wins me over.
The desings of Nokias phones are better now. For a while they looked really dull but over the year theyve started to look really great.
The older Nokias were always about rigidity and toughness, but now, they look badass and still have a more solid feel to them.
Sony Ericsson Satio - Pay monthly - The Carphone Warehouse

Hoping to get this in the next couple of weeks if i can shift some savings around
Now THAT looks pretty sweet.
Thay had the N97 Nokia and its mini brother on display too. Miller posted it above but the balck version is really tempting. Not sure which one to go with.

Nokia N97 - Pay as you go - The Carphone Warehouse
I've always wanted an n97 personally. I don't know why, but I find it cool and modern and when my driving instructor got one he showed it to me and let me hold it.

Jesus, I wanted to steal it.
Turns out the only way to get money from my savings is with the certificates, ID, closing the account and opening a new one, waiting for ages. Sod it. I'll just wait til I'm out of uni and find a job to pay for it.
Well, at least that kills two birds mate.

You find yourself a job and have a badass phone to boot.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account