Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

So I have a few walkthroughs or helpful tips types of things I wanted to share, but I don't know where best to put them. Should I start a post in that games' forum, or maybe as a review, or perhaps we could get somewhere dedicated to post them.

Forums like x360a would be fine.
Dedicated like the reviews here would be good too (badge potential).
I am always a fan of helpful tips, walkthroughs, or best practices for games. I would like to see something like that implemented.
Each game page already has a forum link on it. Would probably make the most sense just to post any tips/guides/walkthroughs etc. there. Only question for me would be whether to have a sub-forum just for that stuff, or sticky it at the top so people don't need to search through for it.
trueachievement has this feature and it great idea for this site.
Okay, I was going to post but it seems that not every game has a forum. For example...

Pia Carrot e Youkoso!! 4: Natsu no Koikatsu
Steins;Gate
MajiTen: Maji de Tenshi wo Tsukutte Mita
Ever 17

etc etc.. You get the idea. Fsh, message me your email address and I'll forward my notes to you personally.
Looking at the badge list, there used to be a walkthrough badge. Are you talking about resurrecting the badge as well? I think adding walkthroughs to games would be nice, but there needs to be some sort of agreed upon format before we just get a 5 page run-on sentence.
Looking at the badge list, there used to be a walkthrough badge. Are you talking about resurrecting the badge as well? I think adding walkthroughs to games would be nice, but there needs to be some sort of agreed upon format before we just get a 5 page run-on sentence.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
I actually wasn't aware there used to be a walkthrough badge because always filter out the locked ones first thing. I see no reason it couldn't be a 5 page run-on sentence. It can be handled exactly like the reviews here. Some are a few sentences, some are full length articles. Let the thumbs up/ thumbs down be the default order. Actually, I think people should be able to give those things more tags, like the reviews on Yelp - funny, useful, or cool. I don't think GTN needs to have an official format or official walkthrough. Release control, let the masses make the content that drives the site (see the Ted talk from Youtube guy).
Better yet, don't tie a badge to it so we don't get spam walkthroughs.
I actually wasn't aware there used to be a walkthrough badge because always filter out the locked ones first thing. I see no reason it couldn't be a 5 page run-on sentence. It can be handled exactly like the reviews here. Some are a few sentences, some are full length articles. Let the thumbs up/ thumbs down be the default order. Actually, I think people should be able to give those things more tags, like the reviews on Yelp - funny, useful, or cool. I don't think GTN needs to have an official format or official walkthrough. Release control, let the masses make the content that drives the site (see the Ted talk from Youtube guy).
Originally Posted by Kaens
I'm in the exact opposite of this. If we do guides, we HAVE to have some sort of format. x360a was a disaster before they unified their guide layouts. Same with TA. And using those same reviews that you referred to, I want formatting. I want a review panel to do a spelling and grammar check. After reading some peoples' comments and posts and reviews, I'm afraid we'd get far more 5-page 1-sentence essays than useful guides.

I also have to agree with Buck and not have badges tied to guides. We have enough spam flooding this site as it is.... Lets not fan those flames. Maybe one or two badges at most, but please, nothing for submitting 100 guides or some other reason to cause lots of lower-quality submissions.
I'd gladly contribute to proof reading when I had time. Drives me nuts seeing bad spelling/grammar/etc. Yes, I am a bit of a grammar nazi. My favorite sentence for testing people was always;
They're going over there to get their stuff.
But, I'm getting off topic again....
I think you two just ensured there won't be any submissions. This site has about 3k users, not 220k.
I'm in the exact opposite of this. If we do guides, we HAVE to have some sort of format. x360a was a disaster before they unified their guide layouts. Same with TA. And using those same reviews that you referred to, I want formatting. I want a review panel to do a spelling and grammar check. After reading some peoples' comments and posts and reviews, I'm afraid we'd get far more 5-page 1-sentence essays than useful guides.

I also have to agree with Buck and not have badges tied to guides. We have enough spam flooding this site as it is.... Lets not fan those flames. Maybe one or two badges at most, but please, nothing for submitting 100 guides or some other reason to cause lots of lower-quality submissions.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Now you just want a form with a lot of check boxes...
Now you just want a form with a lot of check boxes...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
No, I think we need something structured. Having a base template or form to follow not only keeps everything uniform and not terribly written, it also gives newcomers to the game something to work off of. How many people have written guides? How many people even know where to start?

Having a process down could actually help people get their ideas on paper about how to complete games. If it ends up being a list of check boxen, then so be it, but that's not my intent. I just feel that a little structure would go a long way.
trueachievement has this feature and it great idea for this site.
Originally Posted by XboxGuy41
Yes great idea :-)
Yes great idea :-)
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
Superfluous forum post Smile
Superfluous forum post Smile
Originally Posted by futiles
Sure?! LOL
I agree with the walk throughs I'm actually working on wine for LEGENDARY right now and I was just going to post it as a thread on the games page. I also see the point in having a unified format, but we would need a team dedicated to just monitor and fix these guides to the proper format or kick them back until they were in said format. thus protecting the spam fed of online walk thought...lol..

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account