Help with defensive team

Gems of War

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

Hey guys, this is the team I roll with on both defense and offense.

I used to win 75% of the time on defense, but now I never win. I figured out why, back in update 3.3 they nerfed my Dragon Soul HARD. I can still win most games on offense, but defense I'm weak as hell. So I tried to google some advice, and the most popular advice was "look at the leaderboards, copy their teams." Well I tried to do that, went through at least half of the top 100 and here's what I see...

Cards
  • Infernus
  • Divine Ishbaala
  • Ketras the Bull
  • Ubastet
  • Queen Aurora
  • Glaycion
  • Fire Bomb - I have, not leveled
  • Divinia
  • Sekhma - I have, not leveled but only used with Ubastet
  • Suna

Weapons
  • Dawnbringer
  • Divine Protector

I don't have any of those weapons or cards that the teams are built around. So what is a solid defense team that can be built with less than mythic cards. I will of course work on forging Ubastet, but until then what can I do? Just defense here. Goblins? Can you get the Towers from the Invasion mode?
Since I am unsure of all of the cards you own. I have been using this defense team forever:

Banner that gives you +2 blue +1 yellow and -1 green
Gorgotha
Valkyrie
Justice
Queen Mab
All have 3 traits

Though the last two weeks, I have been experimenting with the all Fire Bomb team (all mythic and fully traited) - I have been getting attacked a lot more with this team and get about the same amount of defense wins as the above team.
Thanks, pTart. I will give that a try. I can't believe the all fire bomb team works because I have yet to be unable to beat them. Kinda easy when they suicide on you. /shrug. I wish I could share my cards with you, they are all in the https://gowdb.com/xbox/collection/ but I can't share it (that I know of).
aw man, they nerfed my Dragon Soul too.

The Fire Bomb team has a glitch in it. Even when you lose, it can count as a win. That's why it shows up in the top ten and you see it so much. People want people to play against it, as it increases the number of games played against you and more games = more rewards.

Just got my firebombs up to mythic. boom!
Thanks hotdog for the scoop on the fire bomb team. I was thinking the same as Kaens. I’ll be switching over and see how it goes

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account