Christmas Movie Season

Entertainment

Found 11 posts - Go to Last Post

Anyone looking forward to the Christmas movie season? As always, there's a good number of Christmas movies but I think there's a good number of good movies out there too. Big Grin

What movie(s), if any, are you looking forward to this Christmas season?

I think Jim Carrey's new flick, The Yes Man, looks funny. On the action side of things, I'll definitely be seeing Keanu Reeve's The Day the Earth Stood Still in IMAX theaters. Haven't been to an IMAX movie in awhile so I think that's a good start.
i'm interested in the same ones, actually. however, i rarely see comedies in theaters.
Right now, I want to see Australia...I know it's more Thanksgiving, but I've been waiting for it to come out since I saw Moulin Rouge--before it was announced.

I just saw that Benicio Del Toro is going to play Che...Could be cool.
I myself was really excited to see "The day the Earth stood still" being remade.

That is going to be EPIC.
Ohhh. I forgot about that movie. Hope it's good. Keanu Reeves is not a good actor, though.
he acts well enough for the parts he plays, and coincidentally, some of my favorite movies include ones he has been in.
he acts well enough for the parts he plays, and coincidentally, some of my favorite movies include ones he has been in.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
Not to go on a tangent, but were you thinking A Scanner Darkly? I loved it.
That movie was totally rad. I can't decide if he was good in it for mebecause it was animated (sort of), the story/idea was so engaging, or if it was because of Robert Downey Jr.

Basically, yes, i think he's alright for what he does...but he could be better. I mean...The Matrix is my favorite movie of all time, and I can't really picture anyone else playing Neo...but it's not great acting by any stretch of the imagination.

And I like LakeHouse
And Constantine
And A Scanner Darkly
And Speed

...so maybe he's just an easy target because of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
it really did set a reputation for him that he never escaped from.
Constantine is one of my favorites though. i love that subject matter.
A Scanner Darkly is an amazing film.

I'm reading the book it's based on right now and the film is surprisingly accurate to it.
it really did set a reputation for him that he never escaped from.
Constantine is one of my favorites though. i love that subject matter.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
I'm glad you liked it, because a lot of people didn't really think about what the point of the film was. They just saw demons and angels, but for some reason blacked-out during the entire last scene...because it's so clear that people have no idea what it was all about.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account