Xbox One Achievements

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 24 posts - Go to Last Post

Is there any news on scanning the Xbox One Achievements? Just wondering if I missed anything. Still checking the sties, but since the 22nd, I've realized the only reason I'm going to turn my 360 back on is for "The Wolf Among Us" and possibly Saint's Row IV DLC... (I might just finish up Assassin's Creed 3 DLC, too, so I can say I've finished it, but... meh).

Thanks.
I'm right there with you. I haven't turned my 360 on since I bought my Xbox One.
Nothing has changed, yet.

I know that one of the API's GTN uses has been chatting with a few of the social site developers (sites like 360voice, GTN, etc) to figure out the best way to get the data for everybody, while we wait for an official solution.
Does TA have access to different APIs because they seem to have access to the X1 cheevos and challenges?
Dunno how TA is doing it since it's still not on Xbox.com
More than likely, TA has hacked Xbox One Smartglass using OAUTH login, and is reading the data from there. That is the most common suggested workaround the various sites have discussed.
Unfortunately, we're unable to sync Xbox One games and achievements right now. I believe this to be a temporary issue as we look for a possible solution and await further action by Microsoft. Much of our Xbox Live data is derived from Xbox.com, and as some of you may already know, your Xbox One data does not show up on Xbox.com yet. Once this data is made available to us or our partners, then we can begin syncing your Xbox One games, achievements and challenges to your Gamertag Nation profile.

In the meantime, feel free to play as much as you want on the Xbox One. Your progress will be synced up as soon as we can.

Note: This only applies to the Xbox One platform. Existing platforms (i.e. Xbox 360, Windows Phone, Windows 8, etc..) will continue to sync data as regularly planned.
It's very surprising that they did not have this stuff figured out before launch.
It's very surprising that they did not have this stuff figured out before launch.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Who says they didn't?

MS wants Smartglass to truly become a part of this generation, so, if Smartglass is the only way other than your console to check yourself and your friends, it is going to get used.
Thanks for the comments. That's just what I was looking for; I was curious where you were all at; if it was an access thing, API thing, etc. Still love the site, and keep checking despite it lacking any updates from my feed.
Who says they didn't?

MS wants Smartglass to truly become a part of this generation, so, if Smartglass is the only way other than your console to check yourself and your friends, it is going to get used.
Originally Posted by futiles

For 7+ years everyone has been able to check their Xbox console info on Xbox.com, so you are saying they want to abandon what has worked because some Microsoft executive thinks he can raise profits by having people buy smart glass devices via windows phones & tablets just to check their console info. I guess they conveniently left this piece of info out of consumers hands before launch.

This also makes it harder for community sites that have supported and in some cases increased Microsoft's profits by promoting Xbox. Way to shoot yourself in the foot M$, it just shows how little they care about the 360 and gamers that they can not figure out how to integrate with the X1. Just another reason I shouldn't get buy one.
For 7+ years everyone has been able to check their Xbox console info on Xbox.com, so you are saying they want to abandon what has worked because some Microsoft executive thinks he can raise profits by having people buy smart glass devices via windows phones & tablets just to check their console info. I guess they conveniently left this piece of info out of consumers hands before launch.

This also makes it harder for community sites that have supported and in some cases increased Microsoft's profits by promoting Xbox. Way to shoot yourself in the foot M$, it just shows how little they care about the 360 and gamers that they can not figure out how to integrate with the X1. Just another reason I shouldn't get buy one.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
They left nothing out of the consumers' hands before launch. Xbox One Smartglass was released to Win 8, WP, iOS and Android 3 days BEFORE launch. They really did cover their bases there.

Does it affect the "community sites" this way? Yes. Does that mean it was not an intentional decision? No. XCDP is great, but, not all of the "community sites" we like are XCDP, and most were not originally XCDP.

TA, which is XCDP, still does web and smartglass scraping, because individual achievement information is not included in the XCDP feeds. Also, none of those groups truly affect Microsoft's bottom line, so, what would they see as a negative if they tried to bring some of the data tracking back in-house?
Before we start talking about the affect community sites have on the bottom line:

TrueAchievement is one of the biggest community sites. It has 216,875 registered users.

The Xbox 360 has sold 80 MILLION units.

Even is EVERY SINGLE TA user had purchased 10 consoles, that would mean that TA users would account 2.5% of all consoles sold. 2.5%.

Now, we know that ratio is no where close to being accurate, I account for 4 TA accounts, and have purchased 6 consoles. (not 40, as would be required to keep that ratio)

Do you realize just how unbelievably SMALL the hardcore gamer community is?

Even to hit 1% of all consoles sold, TA users would have to purchased 4 consoles PER registered account. (So, my 4 accounts would had to have purchased 16 consoles, not the 6 I have)

Hardcore gamers think a bit too highly of what affect we have.
I agree, Futiles. I think it's a matter of a new generation, and along with it new services. Those services don't code themselves, so it'll take time.

And frankly as far as it goes, I think they did scramble with the services, and there are a few things that they will improve on the console OS itself (ie. friends and party app) before they spread out to community outreach support, such as our little corner of the internet out here.

It's not a matter of caring, but resource allocation. It will come, piece by piece. I think we can use the 360 as an example of what that system was when it started to what it was when it ended. Expecting the new system to flawlessly emulate the past generation of features while also innovate for the future is a fools errand, and I frankly am happy to wait for those updates while I enjoy myself killing OODLES AND OODLES OF ZOMBIES in Dead Rising 3, and then, later, waiting while a giant robot say "I WANT YOU INSIDE OF ME" and kill fools in Titanfall.
If I may play devils advocate, I'd be willing to wager that MS didn't really see the community for what it was, and sort of forgot to plan for it. When you have a customer base of 48 million gamertags, communities that consists of only hundreds of thousands can be easily missed. Maybe. Or maybe I am just an optimist and think that they are planning on figuring this out soon for us.

Who knows? Just have fun gaming.
If I may play devils advocate, I'd be willing to wager that MS didn't really see the community for what it was, and sort of forgot to plan for it. When you have a customer base of 48 million gamertags, communities that consists of only hundreds of thousands can be easily missed. Maybe. Or maybe I am just an optimist and think that they are planning on figuring this out soon for us.

Who knows? Just have fun gaming.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac

Well, officially, Microsoft has stated that XCDP support will be available "soon" to all partners.

No idea what "soon" means, but, it has been acknowledged.
Well, officially, Microsoft has stated that XCDP support will be available "soon" to all partners.

No idea what "soon" means, but, it has been acknowledged.
News about it?
News about it?
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
Your asking this? lol. You seem to be the new man around here...
News about it?
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
Well, your thread about everything soon to be available on xbox.com would seem to point towards the final addition of this feature...
Well, your thread about everything soon to be available on xbox.com would seem to point towards the final addition of this feature...

Great, now he's going to post a new thread citing his previous thread, creating an infinite loop that will implode GTN

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account