Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

Does anyone know why Episode 3 on 360 doesn't show up on any sites or achievement feeds? It only shows that I finished it on my dashboard, but no where else....?
Does anyone know why Episode 3 on 360 doesn't show up on any sites or achievement feeds? It only shows that I finished it on my dashboard, but no where else....?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Haven't all the TellTale games been bad about this? Seems like each time with TWD Season 1, I could complete an episode before it had been updated in any of the outbound APIs. I just got to the point where I waited.
Yeah, I didn't wait last time, and I had to replay the entire game to get the achievements. Not doing that again.
I got that problem I unlocked all of them but it says I only have 400/600, TA shows them unlocked for me just not added to my gamerscore, if I have to play over again I think i'll wait until episode 4 comes out.
So what are we supposed to do? Delete our save or something? Walk me through it, I'm dumb.
By now you can just play it. But if you play these games before the achievements actually "go live", you will earn them on your local profile but it will never be uploaded to the servers. So you have to delete your profile, recover it (this removes the local trigger that you have earned the achievements) and start a new save and run through it again. This time the achievements will really pop because they are live on the MS side. Got it?

If not, don't worry, you can play it fine now. Just don't try and "be first" because that comes with problems.
By now you can just play it. But if you play these games before the achievements actually "go live", you will earn them on your local profile but it will never be uploaded to the servers. So you have to delete your profile, recover it (this removes the local trigger that you have earned the achievements) and start a new save and run through it again. This time the achievements will really pop because they are live on the MS side. Got it?

If not, don't worry, you can play it fine now. Just don't try and "be first" because that comes with problems.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I actually kind of like how they do this. It gives everyone a real chance of being first to unlock achievements.

Originally Posted by Kaens
Remember, I'm slow with this stuff. I'm still not clear on what "deleting profile" means. Like my gamertag from my console? Or my save profile for the game? Layman it, I still don't follow. I wasn't trying to be first - in fact my son is the one who played it and popped the achies.
Remember, I'm slow with this stuff. I'm still not clear on what "deleting profile" means. Like my gamertag from my console? Or my save profile for the game? Layman it, I still don't follow. I wasn't trying to be first - in fact my son is the one who played it and popped the achies.
He means delete your profile from your Xbox and then re download it from Xbox live from your console. DO NOT AGREE TO DELETE ALL FILES ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR GAMERTAG or you WILL lose all your SAVE files. Just delete the profile. If you need help i can walk you thru it later, it seems scary but it's not and it's really easy I think it could set you back a few hours though depending on your profile size? I'm not sure of that really as I have done it and it only took me about 15 min to re-download it.
Yeah don't let B8 freak you out, I don't think it has deleted the games saves when you delete profiles for years (yeah I lost some stuff like that once, it sucked). I'm referring to just your profile, which is your gamertag sign in information. It also includes a copy of all of your achievements, which is why it takes so long to download (pulling in all those images). So here's the problem with your 360 and Minecraft, step by step..
  1. You earned the achievements (because you have the game and duh)
  2. The game checks your profile when you earn it. (e.g. Did Porshe complete Chapter 1?)
  3. If no, update your local profile.
  4. Local profile syncs to MS when you have internet connection
  5. TA/GTN sync from MS servers.

The problem with this game, and why B8 should not be happy with this, is because it's broken. The game update has been pushed before the MS servers know they exist, probably because they decided to accelerate the release date. These chapters are coming out WAY faster than most TT games. Anyhow, the problem happened on step 4 when syncing your local profile to MS servers. It appears though, that it is failing in a way that things are never checked again. So those acheivements you earned will never get updated to MS. You will see them when you navigate locally to your game status, but on MS server it will always say you didn't.

So how do you fix it? Step 4 isn't being triggered, so you have to go back to step 3 to make step 4 happen again. But the only way to update step 3 is to do step 2. So you have to replay the game (recreate step 1). But when you do that, step 2 says "Yup, Porshe already beat chapter 1, no need to go to step 3", thus never triggering step 4. This is why you have to delete your local profile and redownload from MS. This puts you back in sync with what the sever has. Think of it as going back to an old save because you got a bad checkpoint.

Now you can go back to step 1, earn the achievements again, step 2 says you haven't earned it, sending you to step 3, step 4 now succeeds. If this doesn't help, I'll make a flowchart for you Wink
Yep did this last night when I got the message what to delete I sat there and then chose the first took maybe 7-10 minutes and everything went fine, thanks for this thread as I did not want to delete my profile unless I had to. MS should fix this if they have gotten issues before with TTG games because this is not a fix most gamers want, delete and recomplete.
Roflmao....love that explanation Kaens.. Although its good it just sounded hysterical.. I pictured John Cleese in a Monty Python sketch as the narrator. I wasn't trying to scare anyone just duly warning them as I almost deleted everything on my xbox the first time I had to do this.. Thankfully I was in a party chat at the time and someone was nice enough to warn me.
Oh okay, now I get it. Thanks for walking me through it and thanks for the patience. I don't usually earn 'new' game achievements anymore, so this is the first time I have encountered anything like this. Dumb. I'll handle it this week some time then. So I can start in episode 3, not from the beginning?
Oh okay, now I get it. Thanks for walking me through it and thanks for the patience. I don't usually earn 'new' game achievements anymore, so this is the first time I have encountered anything like this. Dumb. I'll handle it this week some time then. So I can start in episode 3, not from the beginning?
Yeah, I wouldn't even delete my save if I was you, just copy and replay chapter 3.
Sweet. Thanks again. I'll start it tonight. Is this a common occurance?
Sweet. Thanks again. I'll start it tonight. Is this a common occurance?
See very first response in thread:

Haven't all the TellTale games been bad about this? Seems like each time with TWD Season 1, I could complete an episode before it had been updated in any of the outbound APIs. I just got to the point where I waited.
Originally Posted by futiles
Like I said, I don't play them right away anymore. Any of them.
Well, lesson learned. Thanks again for the support and answers, folks Big Grin

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account