How big is your.. music collection?

Entertainment

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

Whether your music collection is digital or not (or both), how many songs/albums do you all have? A quick and easy way to determine how many digital songs you have is to right-click on your music folder and select properties. If you're using Windows, it should add up the total of songs and the size of your collection.

I've got about 10,144 songs in my collection which amounts to a little over 37 GB. I also have about 60 CDs from a time when CDs ruled the world. All of these CDs were converted into mp3s of course so I'm not entirely sure why I have them anymore. So how about you?
when i rip music, i only select the songs i like. i don't want to fill up iTunes with stuff i won't really bother listening to. i only have about 650 songs, but i know all of them. i should also add that many of them are electronic songs and mixes that are much longer than the average 3-4 minutes.
I have.... seven albums. Granted, one of them has 66 tracks, but my collection is not/will never be huge.
Mine changes but its several hudred tracks at any given time. Old things i dont listen to get dleted and some get stored for later.
I only have a few albums. I try to keep what I like in a pretty small range.

My collection of moosic for the main part is....

Andrew WK - I Get Wet (album)
Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare (album)
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever people say I am, that's what I'm not (album)
Barenaked Ladies - Stunt (album)
Muse - Absolution (album)
Muse - Black Holes and Revelations (album)
Muse - Dead Star / In Your World EP (album)
Muse - HAARP Tour (album)
Muse - Origin of Symmetry (album)
Muse - Showbiz (album)
System of a Down - 15 Tracks

that's the gist of it. I have a few FF soundtracks and Welcome to the Jungle, but that's all.
I've got about 10,144 songs in my collection which amounts to a little over 37 GB. I also have about 60 CDs from a time when CDs ruled the world. All of these CDs were converted into mp3s of course so I'm not entirely sure why I have them anymore. So how about you?
Originally Posted by Eric
Im about the same as you. i have a partion for just music and that is 100GB and i think i have about 15-20% free

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account