Magic 2015 not syncing

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

Resolved
This seems to happen for every new release, which makes me think that GTN must be adding these games manually. I am not aware of the process, but since other sites can get the info often beforehand about things like what achievements a game has, GTN should be able to figure out what a new games id is and create whatever stub it needs to plug into for that to happen.

edit: I should mention this is for the Xbox One version that was released yesterday.
So, you want to come do some coding?

Right now it's a manual process to fix things up. One of my objectives is to improve that. The main thing is that announced, there's one thing, and then when we first see it, somebody has to connect the two items. That's always been Eric. I don't quite know enough to do it myself. Some sites have a team of people to keep this data up to date...
So, you want to come do some coding?

Right now it's a manual process to fix things up. One of my objectives is to improve that. The main thing is that announced, there's one thing, and then when we first see it, somebody has to connect the two items. That's always been Eric. I don't quite know enough to do it myself. Some sites have a team of people to keep this data up to date...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Fsh,

I wasn't being critical of you, just logging the problem. From what I can tell, you are the only one actively working on the site. Eric used to be here all the time, but with the news before that he lost his job, I'm hoping that his recent unavailability is because he's found a job and busy doing it.

As for me coding, no, I can't do that. Somehow I doubt the site is using COBOL or Fortran. I was an admin, I know some sql, but I've been a manager for years so the skills just degenerate. Now I basically know the right person to fix problems, I can't actually fix anything.

edit: oh and I need to start 16 more threads for my next badge.. just saying that may have contributed.
I understood what you were saying. I was trying to give a little more insight into what's going on.

My main thing is to try to automate as much as possible. Some things need volunteers to maintain the things we can't automate. I'm just too busy playing games and earning challenges to spend too much time on this!
Admin please mark this as fixed and close the thread. It's fix for this specific game but perhaps the larger issue is still open. Considering I haven't seen any threads like this lately either they automated it or someone is doing a good job of keeping this up to date.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account